TravelTalkOnline

Bourdain

Posted By: BHK

Bourdain - 03/04/2019 10:42 PM

In anticipation of our June trip, I re watched his "A Cook's Tour" St. Martin episode. Are any of the places he showcased, Wilma's,Poulet D'Orleans, Johnny B's still operating?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Bourdain - 03/04/2019 10:55 PM

Wilmas is gone. Jonny B's is no longer under the tree but in a food court area before the bridge depending on what direction you're heading. Not sure about Poulet D'Orleans.
Posted By: madisoncty

Re: Bourdain - 03/04/2019 11:00 PM

I think Poulet D'Orleans is closed also, house is still there but doesn't appear to be operating.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Bourdain - 03/04/2019 11:00 PM

Wilma's was destroyed by the hurricane and she did not reopen, we really loved that place. Jonny B's I think has moved to by the Simpson Bay Bridge. The other place...Not sure but I think closed long ago. Tony Bourdain many years ago would very often go to Mary's Boon for breakfast with his then girlfriend and he loved SXM and rented a home there for short periods of time. We spoke a few times and was really down to earth person.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Bourdain - 03/04/2019 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by BHK
In anticipation of our June trip, I re watched his "A Cook's Tour" St. Martin episode. Are any of the places he showcased, Wilma's,Poulet D'Orleans, Johnny B's still operating?

Hilma's is gone since Irma, Poulet D'Orleans has been gone for some time now and Johnny's B did have a place near the bridge as another poster mentioned. The "Under the Tree" place has been gone for several years. I have eaten at all three and honestly, I personally thought Hilma's was the best of the bunch.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Bourdain - 03/05/2019 02:43 AM

Not from "A Cook's Tour", but (I believe) a review in the New York Times, he also enjoyed Rosemary's in Marigot. We've also enjoyed it, and they make their peas and rice into a flavorful side, which in some other places just seems to be an afterthought.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Bourdain - 03/05/2019 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by cruzer
Not from "A Cook's Tour", but (I believe) a review in the New York Times, he also enjoyed Rosemary's in Marigot. We've also enjoyed it, and they make their peas and rice into a flavorful side, which in some other places just seems to be an afterthought.

Best red snapper was what I had here. I went only because the place is my namesake and was I surprised how great it was. Go back every trip.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Bourdain - 03/05/2019 08:34 PM

Where in Marigot is Rosemary's?
Posted By: bran

Re: Bourdain - 03/05/2019 10:05 PM

In front of the market where the LoLos are. I have never eaten there but will in May/June.....counting the days. click on the pics...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d2303967-Reviews-Rosemary_s-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=115700936
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Bourdain - 03/07/2019 10:48 AM

johnny B is not the same as when it was UNDER THE TREE....just mho.
tried the new location a while ago, and never went back
AH the good ol days
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline