TravelTalkOnline

Map

Posted By: bran

Map - 03/07/2019 11:30 PM

Any recs appreciated on purchasing a really good detailed map showing also side roads? Thx.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Map - 03/07/2019 11:59 PM

http://sintmaartenvacation.com/get-your-st-maarten-road-map/
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Map - 03/08/2019 12:01 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Martin-Stree...;linkId=4cf7b248233e593ed605d369be4b0b91

This might be a more direct link.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Map - 03/08/2019 12:57 AM

Google maps on your mobile device is pretty good...

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.0868613,-63.0220788,19z
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Map - 03/08/2019 10:06 AM

Wasn't there a shop in P'burg selling a detailed map made by a local? I got one several years ago.
Posted By: mikemoore

Re: Map - 03/08/2019 11:03 AM

I am traveling next week and downloaded maps.me from the app store and downloaded the St Martin map from inside the app. A connection is required only during a download then the smartphone displays position using the GPS in the phone. To my knowledge, there is no routing capability.
Posted By: Docmont

Re: Map - 03/08/2019 11:54 PM

Use google maps offline routes and gps capable with no connection after you download area (I do this at home before I leave)
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 09:14 AM

The Kasprowski map is wonderful, very detailed. It's also suitable for framing if you are so inclined. Sold at Shipwreck shops and online at

Kasprowski map
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
The Kasprowski map is wonderful, very detailed. It's also suitable for framing if you are so inclined. Sold at Shipwreck shops and online at

Kasprowski map

Thanks Jazzgal. That's the map I was mentioning. But can it be bought on island? I got mine directly from Mr Kasprowski.
Posted By: OllieEh

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 12:54 PM

I just looked on amazon.CA and one seller was selling it for 10.99 Canadian and on amazon.com it was $19.95 USD for the Kasprowski map.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 01:52 PM

Rondon--she said in her response--that you copied-- that it is sold at Shipwreck Shop...…

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 04:48 PM

Thx all. Much appreciated. Not the best technically. But when I last tried to download the map using google, I messed up and it didn't work. Will give it a go again.

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 05:00 PM

just purchased the map from Amazon....thx for the info.

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 07:32 PM

We bought that map a long time ago, and it is very interesting to look at, but every time we go down, I don't even think to take it.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 08:40 PM

I usually take two. One I leave in the car, and the other I have in the condo to plan an unfamiliar trip before leaving. Only once have I forgotten to retrieve it from the car before turning it in.

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
We bought that map a long time ago, and it is very interesting to look at, but every time we go down, I don't even think to take it.

That's because you probably know the island backwards. I have been traveling on and off to the Caribbean since 1979. Remember also visiting after Marilyn in 95..fair amount of damage in St. Maarten but worse in St. Croix. Used to Love Anguilla and after going back there last year after 30 years, very little has changed apart from some nasty looking hotels(4 Seasons, just a massive concrete block) and has lost its original charm for us and really expensive, but the beaches are still fabulous. St Martin just has the best of both worlds and all we need now.

Probably been to St. Thomas about 40 times and St. Martin 30 different trips over the years and yet never truly discovered the whole of St. Martin/Maarten. Back again in May/June for basically an eating trip as I am a foodie so plan to really take the Island apart this time and presently lost 10lbs in 2 weeks with another 20 to go which enables me to stuff when there without feeling guilty, although planning to see if I can find a place that would rent me an exercise machine, so during meals I can control the inevitable. Any suggestions? In a Villa, so it would need to be delivered and collected. Mind you, with swimming and walking, that should partly do it. Just talking to myself here............Have a good weekend.
p.s. just downloaded a few offline maps of the Island.

Re: Map - 03/09/2019 10:53 PM

Wow, I would be surprised if you could find someone to deliver an exercise machine to you at a villa. There are a couple of gyms that allow tourists to pay by the day or week, and I think that would be a much more viable option.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline