TravelTalkOnline

Easter Weekend shopping

Posted By: Bob10kat

Easter Weekend shopping - 03/16/2019 08:53 PM

I am coming to SXM on Good Friday and was wondering what supermarkets are open on Saturday before Easter. I plan on having Jeannie stock us up on the basics, but we are traveling with a group of 5 adults and one child. There are varying dietary need so we will need to shop ourselves for some items. Thanks in advance, Bob
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Easter Weekend shopping - 03/17/2019 01:32 AM

Watch out for Easter Monday too!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Easter Weekend shopping - 03/18/2019 01:12 AM

Just inform Jeannie of your dietary needs and she will get everything for you. She wants to provide the total service for her customers and will find everything you require. Best to get it all delivered upon your arrival.
Posted By: Beachnut82

Re: Easter Weekend shopping - 03/24/2019 07:04 PM

No one really answered the question. Will restaurants and grocery stores be closed Sat, Easter and Easter Monday. We arrive on Sat before Easter and need to know how to plan

Re: Easter Weekend shopping - 03/24/2019 07:10 PM

Also is Jeannie and Shop N Drop the same thing

Re: Easter Weekend shopping - 03/24/2019 07:11 PM

Also is Jeannie and Shop N Drop the same thing
Posted By: pat

Re: Easter Weekend shopping - 03/24/2019 07:41 PM

Jeannie Gee owns Shop n Drop and she is awesome.

As for the groceries and restaurants, I don’t know the hours but you will be able to get groceries Easter weekend ( though I personally would book through Jesnnie....) and the restaurants island wide will be open. Perhaps not all but you won’t go hungry.

The only thing we ever had a problem getting that close to Easter was candy for the bunny to leave for the little ones so if you need those types of things, best to bring from home.

Re: Easter Weekend shopping - 03/25/2019 06:46 PM

Thanks. Maybe we will do an order to get us started through Jeannie and then go the big Carrafour? later in the week.
Posted By: Bob10kat

Re: Easter Weekend shopping - 03/30/2019 08:44 PM

Just heard from Everything SXM website that supermarkets are open on Saturday 8-8, not Easter Sunday or Easter Monday. Hope this helps others.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline