TravelTalkOnline

NICE in Grand Case

Posted By: RonDon

NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 09:50 AM

We tried Nice restaurant yesterday. It’s. Located same end of Grand Case Blvd where Le Pressoir is. From parking lot you cross the little bridge and it’s just after. The place used to be a seafood restaurant ..something de la Mer...

We sat overlooking Grand Case Beach. Small, very few tables. Owner is from Nice, France ( hence the name). And has brought the foods of Cote d’Azure to SXM . They serve tapas and full entrees. We started with cod fritters. Chuck full of cod with very little filler.. We both decided on the beef stew. The plate came with a small covered pot of vegetables and beef that was delicious, accompanied with tagliatelle on this plate.

Their offerings were: cod aioli, fried sardines, chicken, salmon. Cannot remember it all. If we had another week to stay we would definitely go back. They are open for lunch until 3 then 5:30 for dinner.

Another lazy day. Maid woke us then we dragged our feet to lanai for coffee, brief hello to our new neighbors in #14 who didn’t really say hello just asked us how many people we were 2 or 4. Strange, I thought, had we been making noise? Come to find out they are two couples and had only 3 loungers in front of their unit.

We welcomed them, said take a chaise no problem, then started to tell them that traffic may be a problem on Friday because of the Jump Up. Hubby was cut short mid speech. Other party just grunted and walked away. Geese just trying to be helpful.

We were so full from our great lunch that we had no dinner at all. But at 6pm we were a bit tempted because we could smell cooking steak from next door.

11pm some plane was reving up and doing wheelies on the tarmac . Lasted about 15 minutes not sure what that was about. It was first time we e heard planes after 9 pm.

So ends another day in paradise.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 01:00 PM

Thanks for the continuing reports! How much longer do you have in paradise??

Re: NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 01:03 PM

We leave Sunday boo hoo.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 01:09 PM

OK, you've got a couple more days then. Enjoy!!
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 05:19 PM

We're enjoying your updates - thanks. Nice sounds like the kind of place we like. And beef stew on the island certainly isn't like we get at home at the diner (thinking Le Piment). Although my wife, who loves to cook, makes a great one.
Posted By: biglar

Re: NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 05:54 PM

Yes, the beef stew at Le Piment is awesome. Fantastic flavor. Not like the beef stew in Lancaster County, PA where we live. But, I think I like the island beef stew much better than at home. Maybe because I'm on vacation.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 07:48 PM

And Christelle isn't reading the menu board to you in PA. Similarly, we had beef bourguignon at BZH recently & it was also awesome.

Re: NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 08:16 PM

Thanks for mentioning BZH for stew. Last week we had veal stew there that was delicious
Posted By: Ted_n_Jan

Re: NICE in Grand Case - 03/22/2019 08:34 PM

Sounds interesting. Unfortunately we leave tomorrow :-(
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline