TravelTalkOnline

Week 1 report from Divi

Posted By: SANFILIP

Week 1 report from Divi - 03/23/2019 08:29 PM

Friday,3/15, flew Delta(JFK) arrived on time. Jetways still not working, bussed us to immigration. Breezed right thru, bags took a bit to come out, over to Thrifty to pick up rental car and then on to Divi.

Checked into hotel room for one night, then we will move to our condo on Saturday for 2 weeks.

They did a great job on fixing up the place after Irma. The grounds, buildings, pools and beach all look good. They have plenty of chairs ,umbrellas & towels.

Dinners so far were Mark’s Place, Chesterfield’s, Izi, Be Kool, La Cigale, Gizmo’s(Divi), Bistro Nu and Skipjack’s.

I wanted to see for myself the condition of Marina Royale, so on Monday night we headed over there. It’s in rough shape. The boardwalk around the marina is quite treacherous, but as long as you are careful, you can get around. As far as I can tell, only four restaurants are open, Tropicana(only open for lunch on Monday), Enjoy(only open for lunch now), La Main a la Pate and Be Kool. We ate at Be Kool which was very good. The place was full when we left, with people waiting for tables. At no time did we feel as it was unsafe.

Traffic has not been an issue so far. Week 1 done, with 1 to go.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/23/2019 08:39 PM

Thanks for reporting. Eleven weeks away for me.
Posted By: bran

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/23/2019 09:32 PM

2 months for me..already started packing!!
Posted By: caribfan

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/25/2019 11:49 AM

hi will be getting to Divi on Saturday. Friends stayed there at New Years and said housekeeping was not the best. How was your experience?
Posted By: Susieville

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/25/2019 12:02 PM

Our housekeeping was fantastic. Got everything for us that we needed. A shout-out to Grace our housekeeper who worked in the casita area. Do want to tell you that they no longer provide the little bottles of hair conditioner. Shampoo is included. I found everyone working at Divi very friendly and aiming to please!

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/25/2019 12:28 PM

Our housekeeping has been great. Plenty of towels in the room every day. Janey is our housekeeper, does a thorough job and is very pleasant, as is most of the staff here..
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/25/2019 01:27 PM

Thanks for the report. Amazing how fast a week goes in SXM.
Posted By: Carialle

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/25/2019 05:26 PM

Thanks for the report - how was the meal at La Cigale?

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/25/2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Carialle
Thanks for the report - how was the meal at La Cigale?

Just as good as always. They just opened up about a month ago.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/25/2019 08:44 PM

Missed you.
Posted By: Coffee

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/26/2019 12:11 PM

Great news. Been going to the Divi since 1988 in October and love it there. Keep the news coming and have a great time.

Re: Week 1 report from Divi - 03/26/2019 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon
Missed you.

Maybe next time...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline