TravelTalkOnline

Emilio's Chef

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Emilio's Chef - 03/31/2019 11:26 PM

Can anyone on the island now or who has been there within the past 2 weeks confirm as to if Dino Jagtiani is still the chef at Emilio's? He is still listed as the chef on the website but others "heard" he and some of the "team" had abruptly left Emilio's 2-3 weeks ago. While I did not make it there in my recent visit, several people in my group did go prior to my arrival and indicated they thought it was their best overall dining experience of their trip.

Thank you.
Posted By: kim

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/01/2019 12:20 AM

Honestly - I went for the first and only time during Regatta and was not impressed at all! Felt very loud and over rated! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/01/2019 12:29 AM

We've only been there once and we were underwhelmed also, but I would definitely be interested to hear if Dino has left, as I look forward to him being back in his own restaurant again in the future.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/01/2019 02:53 AM

In the beginning we had two good dinners but after that went down .
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/01/2019 04:57 AM

Still there but only has a couple weeks left. New adventure coming soon.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/01/2019 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
Still there but only has a couple weeks left. New adventure coming soon.

Thanks. New adventure on SXM or elsewhere?

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/01/2019 01:14 PM

Sorry, BeachKitten, you can't get away with that! Dish!!! (Hey, I made a funny!! laugh)
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/01/2019 06:14 PM

We were there in Jan. It was a night in the middle of the week but at 8 oclock we were one of two tables. Service was terrible. The only time the waited came to the table was when you had a mouth full of food and couldn't talk. I asked if we could have some bread and butter with our salad and was told they did not serve bread and butter. Food was OK but nothing to write home about. The only thing that was overwhelming about the meal was the size of the bill. This is the closest thing to a tourist trap that we have experienced in many, many years.
Posted By: MrTim-BTV

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/02/2019 12:07 AM

We were in SXM from 3/13 to 3/29. went to Emilo's resort on 3/24, and I can 100% tell you Dino is still there. We saw him the day before, when we stopped by to make a reservation. We had a fantastic meal, and Dino himself came out during the dinner and greeted patrons including ourselves. I will agree, it is not as peaceful and intimate as Temptation once was, but the food was fantastic. Within my group we had : Beef Short Rib Bolognaise, Seared Sea Scallops, Bay of Fundy Salmon, Indian Style Butter Chicken, Certified Angus Beef Tenderloin. I can also add, the infamous bartender Mr Paul Peterson was not there, as he has moved on (to the new Bamboo location), but his son, Airian was our server that evening. A chip off the old block. We have had a many a meal with this team from the Temptation days. I certainly miss Ricardo playing the piano, and Dino's parents as the hosts, but the food IS AS GOOD AS remembered.No, its not cheap, but my only advice is to give them a second chance to impress you... Although I do understand... something may be laying on the wings, for our friend Dino.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/02/2019 02:13 AM

It has been excellent the three times we have been there, hopefully it remains as good as it was in November.
Cheers!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/02/2019 02:23 AM

We have never eaten there and with so many mixed reviews I'm not sure if I want t risk the limited evenings we have to try it out. Jury is still out.

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/02/2019 01:34 PM

...especially if Dino is leaving...…

BeachKitten??? impatient
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/02/2019 09:17 PM

https://www.10best.com/awards/trave...Kd5Akxnm0MGc5V8y6SdhOk6jF4Gqh6YjI85udV6Y

Carol, Dino is not ready to make an announcement yet. wink
He says he wants to have fun with it on social media, so must respect his wishes.

Re: Emilio's Chef - 04/02/2019 11:59 PM

OK, can you at least say if he's leaving SXM??? Please, NOOOOO!!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline