Posted By: ruralcarrier

Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 10:38 AM

???? Decide for Yourself
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 10:55 AM

I think this idea will go up in smoke.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 01:10 PM

You're smarter than I am, as the first time I read this, I bought it! It's what I get for reading before I'm awake!! It's kind of good to see the April Fool's Day joke back. They have had some classic ones over the years!!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 01:38 PM

Hey, it is SXM so anything might be possible.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 02:08 PM

I'm not so sure this is an April Fool's Day joke! It sounds pretty convincing. Our youngest son's girlfriend is from the Netherlands, and she has described these places in Amsterdam to me in detail. Anything you ingest (or smoke) is totally restricted to the establishment you are visiting, and cannot be taken or consumed outside. So, you can't buy a half dozen hash-laced brownies and bring them back to the cruise ship. You could eat one while having some strong dutch coffee at the cafe, and hopefully you won't accidentally get on the wrong ship when you make it back to port!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 02:18 PM

The Daily Herald has been doing it for years. Sometimes it's difficult to decide which headline is the one!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 02:20 PM

Elaine--Ain't that the truth!! duh
Posted By: pat

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 02:23 PM

I remember the year so many showed up at the old Mullet Bay Resort thinking they would end up owning a piece of the Place?
Posted By: pat

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 02:27 PM

Good one, for sure!! jester jester rofl rofl

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 02:36 PM

I kind of hope it's true. But, if not at least they have a good sense of humor. I suppose my wife and I would have to split a brownie at our age!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 02:40 PM

My wife fell for this one. Had to convince her it was April fools. Then saw the comments and started to chuckle.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/01/2019 02:56 PM

They are always somewhat believable, you have to think twice.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/02/2019 02:43 PM

It is Sint Maarten so.....
I remember flyers being distributed one year prior to New Year's Eve that stated anyone who showed up New Year's Eve nude could drink for free @ the Green House.
They apologized profusely when they got into trouble, but I read a day or two later that some people actually showed up sans clothing and were given drinks before management covered them up.
Good Old Days?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/02/2019 02:56 PM

Hahaha

Re: Daily Herald April Fools Day? - 04/02/2019 05:52 PM

I still hope it's true!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline