TravelTalkOnline

Jet Blue-Delta Seating

Posted By: road3682

Jet Blue-Delta Seating - 04/01/2019 04:52 PM

Hi- 1st chance this year to use Jet Blue andI would go thru Ft Lauderdale- Are the seats spaced better than American or Delta? I have to get the Comfort + seats on Delta for leg room and my back... so is the Jet Blue seating good for leg room or does one have to upgrade as on Delta?

Thanks,
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Jet Blue-Delta Seating - 04/01/2019 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by road3682
Hi- 1st chance this year to use Jet Blue andI would go thru Ft Lauderdale- Are the seats spaced better than American or Delta? I have to get the Comfort + seats on Delta for leg room and my back... so is the Jet Blue seating good for leg room or does one have to upgrade as on Delta?

Thanks,

Seating charts SEATGURU

Just be sure of your flight # and there may be different configurations of the same plane. I look at the airline's own seating chart and then cross it with SeatGuru to make sure I am looking at the correct aircraft.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Jet Blue-Delta Seating - 04/01/2019 05:04 PM

Hello Road ... Jet Blue definitely provides the best leg room of any domestic airline without the need to upgrade. With that said, I'm not sure how big of a man you are but I am 5'10" and roughly 215 pounds and have never, ever needed to upgrade for more leg room. I believe Jet Blue has maintained 36 inches of legroom on their flights, whereas American, United, and even Delta have reduced their numbers to as little as 32 or 33 inches. Doesn't sound like much, but it is. I would suggest giving it a try without paying for the upgrade, but this is your call.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Jet Blue-Delta Seating - 04/01/2019 05:35 PM

JetBlue is 32-34 inches unless you upgrade to Even More Space which is 35-41 depending on the configuration.
Delta is 30-32 depending on configuration for a standard seat, 34 for Comfort+.

Also - I second the SeatGuru recommendation.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Jet Blue-Delta Seating - 04/01/2019 06:30 PM

Might also want to check out the December, 2018 edition of Consumer Reports magazine. Jet Blue was the only domestic airline that did not score "poor" when it came to seat comfort. They received a "fair" rating. But, I too would suggest checking SeatGuru.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Jet Blue-Delta Seating - 04/02/2019 04:09 AM

i flew down on JB through FLL. I DID NOT upgrade the seats....and i found them pretty comfortable..and no problem with leg room. I am NOT a small guy. smile
Posted By: road3682

Re: Jet Blue-Delta Seating - 04/02/2019 11:24 AM

Thanks all- have been checking seatguru and your suggestions - will probably try Jet Blue in Nov....
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Jet Blue-Delta Seating - 04/02/2019 11:29 AM

Having just flown AA and I did the upgrade on the CLT-SXM-CLT legs, the difference in exit row seating versus main cabin extra was significant. Both were in the main cabin extra category but a significant difference in legroom. Not sure how JetBlue differs but I would check it out on SeatGuru.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline