TravelTalkOnline

ParrotVille

Posted By: bran

ParrotVille - 05/08/2019 05:25 PM

Could someone kindly give me directions please on how to get to this place from Marigot as staying in Terres Basses area. Having trouble getting directions with google maps for some reason. many thx.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: ParrotVille - 05/08/2019 07:08 PM

It is marked on one of the free tourist maps available on SXM.

Re: ParrotVille - 05/08/2019 07:09 PM

found it..thx.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: ParrotVille - 05/08/2019 07:09 PM

Continue beyond all the Orient exits toward Middle Region. When you get to the roundabout where the McDonalds is, go 3/4 of the way around. (Assuming you are at '6' coming from Orient and would be at '12' if you go on to Pburg, go around to '9' on the roundabout.) It will be on your right shortly after getting on that road. Note the large black netting; that's it.
Posted By: the captain

Re: ParrotVille - 05/09/2019 12:16 AM

Yes follow the map. The gps had a road there that didn’t exist AND we had to repute due to construction. Well worth the visit though and a wonderful family heritage. Be sure to look at their mini museum to the left as well..

Re: ParrotVille - 05/09/2019 04:51 PM

thx all and Captain, naturally I was looking in a place called Pic Paradis with a road that went nowhere.....actually Bing Maps took me there and they are wrong..I had no idea Parrotville was nearer Orient. Got to get out more on the dutch side and explore, just that based in Terres Basses although great for Marigot and 20 mins or so from Grand Case...with traffic at times, its more difficult it seems to get my bearings in the Netherlands!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline