TravelTalkOnline

Flights from Newark, NJ

Posted By: JoeC047

Flights from Newark, NJ - 05/10/2019 07:40 PM

I keep checking for direct flights for November 2019 on United. Very expensive over $1000.00. Anyone have any insight why?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Flights from Newark, NJ - 05/10/2019 08:02 PM

Joe--Not to give a flippant answer, but you expect anyone here to give you a reason why airlines do ANTHING?? crazy Much cheaper prices from JFK...
Posted By: Steve Bond

Re: Flights from Newark, NJ - 05/10/2019 09:43 PM

United is always bouncing the prices up and down. My suggestion is to check the prices daily on the United app. I go in December and prices were over $1000 but with checking every day they went below $500. This has happened quite often with United when I go to book.
Posted By: JoeC047

Re: Flights from Newark, NJ - 05/11/2019 04:32 PM

Thank you Carol & Steve. I check the prices often and will continue. I miss SXM, haven't been back since before the devastating hurricane a couple of years ago. Hope the island is mostly recovered by now. I think travel to SXM because of the hurricane, has been put off by many. Could be the reason for the hike in fares.
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Flights from Newark, NJ - 05/11/2019 07:11 PM

We too wanted to book a trip with united , as we are not just far from jfk,but its an awful trip with traffic, and jersery is still far, but better trip . I could not believe the prices per tickets... nope back to jfk and jet blue. they do not have competition from that airport so they can get away with these prices...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline