TravelTalkOnline

Beachside Villas (BSV)

Posted By: turqwater

Beachside Villas (BSV) - 05/12/2019 12:13 PM

Does BSV have an on-site restaurant? Can I walk to other restaurants or is a car necessary?
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 05/12/2019 12:45 PM

There is no on-site restaurant but your own full kitchen, grill and your own bar.

Really there are only 3 within walking distance in my opinion. That would be El Zafiro, Karacters and Marys Boon. Other may say you could walk to Sunset and Maho area, but I would not. I think a car is necessary for all our trips, so never even a question. Need the car to refill our bar you understand as the wine and liquor bottles in SXM have leaks in them evidently as they always seem to get empty really fast.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 05/12/2019 02:06 PM

As Eric said, you need a car. I'm lazy, have never walked anywhere from BSV except to El Z. Other than El Z, to me, even if you wanted to, it's not safe to walk anywhere except El Z at night. Rent a car.
Posted By: Lancer

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 05/12/2019 08:54 PM

How about a walk from Mary’s Boon to El Zafiro in the evening?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 05/12/2019 09:20 PM

Not advisable.
Posted By: PreK176

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 05/13/2019 02:17 PM

We have done lots of walking from BSV, mostly during the day, into Maho and up onto Airport Rd to Atlantico etc. Great way to burn off all the calories from eating and drinking! Driving is easy and Kennys is a great place to rent from. We also use Jeannie Gee's Shop N Drop so we don't have to spend so much time in the grocery. Love that everything is ready for us at BSV when we arrive!! Enjoy your trip!!
Posted By: MrTim-BTV

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 08/02/2019 10:36 PM

Do BSV have washer and dryer. or access to them on the premises?

MrTim
Posted By: pat

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 08/02/2019 11:21 PM

To the very best of my knowledge they do not, but you can arrange with the maids to send your laundry out and have it done. I think you have to give it to them by 9 am and you get it back the next day at about the same time. We were told about this service but have not used it ourselves.

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 08/03/2019 02:07 AM

Pat is correct--no washing on site, but talk to the maids to get laundry done. We have done it several times. Basically a full laundry basket is about $10, washed, dried and folded.
Posted By: MrTim-BTV

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 08/04/2019 12:40 PM

Pat & Carol,

Thank you very much for the info. That sounds like it will work perfectly.

MrTim

Re: Beachside Villas (BSV) - 08/04/2019 01:21 PM

Other than having a washer/dryer in your unit, it's as 'no fuss' as it could be.. Well, maybe LESS fuss than doing it yourself! smile Enjoy your stay at Beachside, whenever it is!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline