TravelTalkOnline

Pedros opening in carbet

Posted By: sxmmartini

Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 11:12 AM

Pedros will not be rebuilding in the former location but is renting a space in the carbet next to Chez Leandra.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 01:03 PM

I had heard that a couple of times before. To me, I think that signifies that they are unclear about what the future status of Club O is.

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 01:12 PM

Pedros moving off Club Orient property is a sign that Club Orient will not be back anytime soon.
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 01:26 PM

Pedro’s was always a busy place good food and lots of fun , they seemed to do real well with the boat traffic and many people who just want to be at the clothing optional beach , I think they don’t realize what they had or could have . We had been going there since 1985 alway ate there

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 01:32 PM

Dick--I'm not at all sure that is true, that they didn't realize what they had. Simply, it's now been close to two years since Irma and the Club O situation doesn't look any closer to being resolved, and at some point, they have to just move on.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 01:49 PM

Glad to hear that Pedro's is going to reopen somewhere. Better to have Pedro's back than not having them back. Prices always seemed reasonable in the past, so I hope it can stay that way. And, I agree about the future regarding Club O. Whatever the future holds, it is important that this portion of Orient Beach remains clothing optional. My fear is that eventually this property will move into the hands of someone who may restrict the freedom that still exists here.

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 01:57 PM

Cedric had every chair rented the other day and if you don't look back at the resort it almost feels like Club Orient never closed. If it were not for Perch lite and Cedric seizing the moment after Irma I think the clothing optional beach would have not come back. Cedric saved Club Orient Beach and brought back all it's followers.

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 02:11 PM

While I might agree with you somewhat, I think that Cedric didn't necessarily start renting chairs out of a totally altruistic motive.. smile

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 02:30 PM

The group of owners buying chairs and umbrellas was an altruistic motive. I do not know if the owners get a percentage of the rental of the new chairs/ umbrellas or if Cedric pockets the revenue. It is really none of my business. I am just glad Club Orient Beach is full and still clothing optional.

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/17/2019 02:40 PM

Even if the owners are not getting a cut, it's hard to say their motives are totally altruistic, if they want to preserve the c/o status of the beach, which I'm sure they do. I definitely agree that having chairs and food available there has helped preserve the c/o status of the beach.
Posted By: jameskleiss

Re: Pedros opening in carbet - 05/20/2019 04:02 PM

My wife and I ate at Pedro's for the first time the last time we visited the island two years ago I think, before Irma. In all our previous visits we never ate there. We both thought the food was great and wondered why we never even tried the place before. The ladies working there were so kind and nice.

Good to see they are opening again!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline