TravelTalkOnline

Update pls on Airport Improvement

Posted By: bran

Update pls on Airport Improvement - 05/20/2019 08:09 PM

Your comments please on recent arriving and departing at the airport. For example, wife disabled, does one still have to go down the stairs from the aircraft and into buses or can you go straight from the plane to the arrivals area inside the terminal? Usually arrange a wheelchair for her anyway and returning, presumably by now, we done with the tent? Leaving Tomorrow. Thx.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Update pls on Airport Improvement - 05/20/2019 08:20 PM

The tent has been gone for some time now. Pretty sure you will have to use stairs and buses. I did see several wheelchair assist departing but the people still had to use stairs to enter the planes. I traveled 2 months ago but I do not think much has changed.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Update pls on Airport Improvement - 05/20/2019 08:40 PM

bran--are you on Jet Blue? Apparently Jet Blue and possibly one of the Canadian airlines, actually have a ramp going to the plane. NOT a jetway, but an angled ramp. Obviously easier than stairs, but not as easy as a jetway. If you're not on Jet Blue, it is stairs, which can be a big hassle I know.
Posted By: bran

Re: Update pls on Airport Improvement - 05/20/2019 08:52 PM

AA from Miami.....just confirmed on time and no as yet last minute changes...thx.
Posted By: pat

Re: Update pls on Airport Improvement - 05/20/2019 09:35 PM

We were on AA coming down in April and it was definitely stairs, which, btw, I hate because of my phobia of heights. Going home we were on JB and boarded using the ramp Carol spoke of - sort of like the mazes inside the terminal but on a slant, allowing them to maximize the number of people compacted into a small area.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Update pls on Airport Improvement - 05/20/2019 09:41 PM

Pretty sure they have carry chairs they can use to get you out if you can't do the stairs or ramp. I use wheelchair due to the potential longs walks, but can manage the jetway stairs and they had wheelchair waiting. But I think I did see the carry chair somewhere along the way.

Flight back to island 2 weeks ago was Jet Blue - stairs front and back but have had ramp in the past.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Update pls on Airport Improvement - 05/20/2019 10:09 PM

When we arrived we had stairs front and back on AA from CLT. Flight attendants offered to assist passengers that needed help.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline