TravelTalkOnline

Lees

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Lees - 05/21/2019 01:31 AM

Been here for over a week. Drive by Lees every day. Haven't seen a worker there yet. If they are to open in June I don't see how.
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: Lees - 05/21/2019 08:21 PM

Was in SXm in April /May . Was told by a local that they have not gotten all their permits yet . Do not know for sure if this is correct . Jeff_C
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Lees - 05/21/2019 08:34 PM

They were working every weekday when I was there April 24 to May 8. I too was told they were giving Lee a hard time in regards to issuing permits. When I asked Lee about it he said "you know why they are giving me a hard time. It's because I like Trump". I thought that was funny but I'm thinking he was serious.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Lees - 05/21/2019 09:02 PM

I spoke to Lee personally in mid March and he said nothing about permits then but that may have changed. He indicated he hoped to open sometime in June from what I recall. The entire permit thing (or lack of) seems to be very inconsistent on the island and is probably very different from any permit process as we know it.

Honestly, I often wondered about the expansions Lee did at the former location and if that was done with proper "permits".

Re: Lees - 05/25/2019 12:57 PM

Finally saw one person in the building Friday afternoon. Not sure what was going on. I drive by several times a day everyday and see no activity.

Re: Lees - 05/28/2019 05:39 PM

Still no activity today but now there are some fish hanging from the ceiling.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline