TravelTalkOnline

New Places

Posted By: bran

New Places - 05/29/2019 01:23 PM

Bibovino in Maho, didn’t even know it was there. Appears they emigrated from France and have set this place up it appears opposite where Sherry’s used to be in Maho. Anyone ever been there. Seems it’s a wine and taco bar but good reviews on trip advisor, but what interested me was that the owners godfather is or was a 3 star Michelin chef?

Roxi, past by it and hear mixed reviews from overpriced to different......

Now I know what the fuss is all about with Marks....good basic food. No frills. Filling. Not much to report. Went for lunch at Tropicana yesterday and put the pressure on the owner to make me something different and boy was it.....ended up with a calvados and chocolate mousse and held my stomach in until reaching back home.....Jules Tuna sandwiches for dinner and crashed out at 8pm and slept for 10 hours. A little upset as our favorite Indian Restaurant we went to on Monday and it was closed, didn’t look like permanently. It’s called Anand on front st in Philly and I just can’t get through on the phone as nobody is answering and another website gives the wrong number. Just would love to find out if they are still around or not and thinking of calling the local tourist board but what can they really do. if anyone is around that area or has a better idea to find this out, certainly appreciate it.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 01:26 PM

Mark's is not at all gourmet but very reliable and reasonable.

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 01:31 PM

Very reasonable indeed. Didn’t want gourmet, and didn’t expect it but also didn’t expect that the food was so good and plentiful.

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 01:43 PM

One of my overall favorite restaurants on the island.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 01:52 PM

Looking forward to our "ladies" lunch there on Friday.
Posted By: pat

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 01:53 PM

And Mark’s moules et frites are out of this world.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 02:06 PM

Marks is consistently good.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 03:07 PM

And, it has a huge menu. There's something for everyone there. And, it packs the best bang for the buck IMO. Last time we went in March they didn't even add the 10 or 15 percent service charge to the bill. Could that have been an oversight? I did, however tip the young waitress 20% because she did an awesome job. No matter where we stay on the island, Mark's Place is a must stop on one of the nights.

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 05:11 PM

I think the menu states a 15% service charge will be added but it was not included on our bill. It may be they do not include it for a known customer?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Looking forward to our "ladies" lunch there on Friday.

Is that a regular event, Elaine?
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 05:55 PM

Bran, There was another restaurant Anand across the street from the Atrium on the hill. I don't know if it is still there? Perhaps another poster may know.
Posted By: EWortman

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 06:18 PM

We finally went last October never been going to SXM for 2 weeks for over 25 years, don't shoot me but, we were the only 2 in there. and we were not impressed at all...
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 06:38 PM

EWortman--which restaurant are you referring to, as there are a couple mentioned in this thread.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 06:42 PM

Every couple of months. We're behind schedule due to Carnival.

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by LBI2SXM
Bran, There was another restaurant Anand across the street from the Atrium on the hill. I don't know if it is still there? Perhaps another poster may know.

Yes that was closed a few years ago.......
Posted By: Kennys

Re: New Places - 05/29/2019 09:29 PM

There is a new Chinese Restaurant there but we haven't been as yet.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline