TravelTalkOnline

Orient Beach Restaurants

Posted By: Tracey868

Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/15/2019 07:53 PM

Just curious to what places are open now on the beach. I know many are open in Orient Village.

Thank you.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/15/2019 08:33 PM

Open now is Kakao (which they call KKO now), Bikini and Kontiki. Chez Leandra has a shack on the beach, and I THINK they are the ones building the concrete building on the beach now, which looks fairly far along . No idea how long that will take to complete. The other former beach shacks do not seem to be started at all yet.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/15/2019 08:53 PM

Concrete building? I though the new regulations said that those places had to be easiely removable in advance of a major storm.

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/15/2019 09:33 PM

DEFINITELY concrete block building going up. Took some pictures, which will post at some point.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/15/2019 10:34 PM

that brick building was being worked on in March when we were there. Guess things are going real slow....three full months later.

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/15/2019 11:35 PM

Brick?? No. Concrete block.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/16/2019 12:10 AM

Also open on most days is the Perch Bar & Grill on the clothing optional section of Orient Beach. Burgers, dogs, fries, etc. But, the close up shop around 3:30 each day. It's really nice over there, and you can have lunch in the buff is you so choose. Prices are about average.
Posted By: bethandsteve

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/16/2019 02:19 PM

If the building referenced is south of where Chez Leandra is set up, I believe that is Pirate. Chez Leandra is building directly behind their temporary set up.

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/16/2019 02:29 PM

Oh, ok. I didn't go up and talk to the people who were working. I didn't see any building going on behind where the Chez Leandra shack is. If I get around to it, will post some pictures today.
Posted By: Tracey868

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/16/2019 03:54 PM

Thanks for the Info. We use to stay at Club O but, hence we have to move with the times. Looking forward to going back.

Best,
Posted By: EdB

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/16/2019 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Brick?? No. Concrete block.

meant concrete block.....not brick. but..sure taking a long time!!!!!

Re: Orient Beach Restaurants - 06/16/2019 05:53 PM

OK. If I get time, will post some pics from Orient this afternoon.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline