TravelTalkOnline

Happy Hour

Posted By: islandtime324

Happy Hour - 06/16/2019 03:15 PM

Hello All, please give some suggestions for happy hour. My husband and I usually come in February. Like this June time also. Thanks for any suggestions you can give us!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Happy Hour - 06/16/2019 03:27 PM

It's a fairly big island with many places! Which side? Where are you staying? What area do you like? Many variables. wink
Posted By: fabila

Re: Happy Hour - 06/16/2019 05:39 PM

Sint Maarten Yacht Club (SMYC) and Greenhouse on Billy Foley Rd are two of our current and consistent favorites for happy hour drink and food on the Dutch side.
Posted By: islandtime324

Re: Happy Hour - 06/16/2019 10:19 PM

No matter where, we have a car. Thanks
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Happy Hour - 06/17/2019 12:15 AM

I've had some great happy hours at the Sunset Beach Bar. Sometimes they have promotions and spin the giant wheel to see what applies. Got a round of drinks free at our last visit! Not sure, though what there specific happy hour times are. By 4:00 p.m. this place is closed on most days.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Happy Hour - 06/17/2019 04:29 AM

If you want a beach bar, The Perch Bar & Grill, Orient Beach 1:30 - 2:30. 2 for 1 drinks, and very good food.
Posted By: StMartCpl

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 02:55 PM

Plan on visiting the Perch next week. Do they water down the drinks during Happy Hour?
Posted By: irina

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by StMartCpl
Plan on visiting the Perch next week. Do they water down the drinks during Happy Hour?

What? Why do you make such a statement? Drinks on SXM are inexpensive relative to USA prices.
Strange.
Posted By: StMartCpl

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 03:22 PM

Because we have never been there before and some other places we have visited in the past have (not in SXM). That's why. Didn't mean to offend
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by irina

What? Why do you make such a statement? Drinks on SXM are inexpensive relative to USA prices.
Strange.

Not at all places. Some drink prices are expensive depending on where you go.
Posted By: bran

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 03:26 PM

Never had drinks watered down. Probably wouldn't know it if they did, but that's a strange comment to make as all people I have met in the bar/restaurant industry in SXM have been excellent and honest. Yes drinks are reasonably priced particularly in comparison to other islands like Antigua, Turks and Caimans. Don't know about Happy Hour but go to "nowhere special"(think I saw happy hour prices) and ask for a BBC. Had a drink at La Samanna happy hour prices and was charged $18.00!!!!! Wont go there again, not because of price, but just felt uncomfortable as far too fake for my tastes.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 03:28 PM

They aren't watered down but at some places they will serve both drinks at a 2 for 1 happy hour and by the time you get around to the second drink the ice would be melted giving the appearance and taste of a watered down drink. Best to have them serve the drinks with ice on the side.
Posted By: Maranjo

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 03:40 PM

He/she did not make a statement. They asked a question. It shows that they also joined in April. So, right away I figured it was an honest question. So, your questions seemed to admonish them and appeared to be harsh.
Posted By: bran

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 03:42 PM

Hate too much ice in a drink these days..so now, in Fl, particularly with a vodka and grapefruit for example, asking for a tall glass with ice on the side...you would be amazed at the difference in taste and by the time you actually take the ice all out of what they originally served you, it is less than half full. So yes, agree Scuba, ice on the side.
Posted By: MORWAVES

Re: Happy Hour - 06/18/2019 04:05 PM

No they don't water down their drinks during happy hour. Will be there next week also. Some just stay on edge.You asked a legitimate ? Never mind some on here.As you will see if this doesn't run you off, some are quick to judge. You can learn a lot here.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline