TravelTalkOnline

Info regarding "Big Fish" owners

Posted By: jeepers

Info regarding "Big Fish" owners - 06/19/2019 05:35 PM

Big Fish restaurant was destroyed during Irma. It was at Oyster Pond. I thought people who frequented it might like to know they moved back to Ontario Canada & own an Italian restaurant at the Lake Ontario harbour in Cobourg, Ontario. It's called Cucina Urbana. It's nice to know what happened to people we interacted with & are now not part of the island.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Info regarding "Big Fish" owners - 06/19/2019 07:43 PM

You will be able to enjoy the same dining in Coburg now! woof hungry
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Info regarding "Big Fish" owners - 06/19/2019 08:57 PM

Thanks, Jeepers. But, be sure to wear a heavy coat if dining there in January (or February, or March, etc.). Just a tad cooler than the Oyster Pond area in the winter. About Scarborough is as far east as we travel into Ontario, but I'll keep this place in mind if ever I'm heading to Belleville or Peterborough!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Info regarding "Big Fish" owners - 06/19/2019 10:49 PM

You are dining indoors in those months so no need for heavy clothing. We do have central heat in Canada!😆
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: Info regarding "Big Fish" owners - 06/20/2019 02:40 AM

Great update. Thanks. Now a trip to Cobourg!!
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Info regarding "Big Fish" owners - 06/23/2019 05:19 PM

They owned the business, not the property. The property owner is Leslie Martina and he will be reopening Big Fish in the next few weeks. It's ready except for a couple of routine final inspections.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Info regarding "Big Fish" owners - 06/23/2019 05:22 PM

Thank you for the info... Oyster Pond/ Dawn Beach area sure needs more restaurants. I had many good dinners at Big Fish and if Leslie is there I will be back!
© 2020 TravelTalkOnline