TravelTalkOnline

Esmeralda question

Posted By: carolandgeoff

Esmeralda question - 06/23/2019 05:14 PM

It will be our first Christmas back since Irma. We're looking at a Westjet package to Esmeralda. Any opinions on this property. I can only recall it from the village not the beach, yet it says it's on the beach.
Thanks
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Esmeralda question - 06/23/2019 07:25 PM

Esmeralda consists of several different villas, maybe around 15 or so. Each villa has about 4 rooms, with a pool in the center. Most of the units do NOT have a view of the ocean, but the complex itself is on the ocean. As of now, the restaurant within the complex is open, but NOT the restaurant immediately on the beach, which is under construction. But KKO is relatively close down the beach from there. If it is important to you at all, most of the time, if the other inhabitants of your villa don't object, you can use the pools au naturel, although their official policy doesn't allow it.
Posted By: lee614

Re: Esmeralda question - 06/24/2019 01:33 AM

I have stayed there many times and will be in 7 days.
Pre-hurricane: The room is average. You hope you do not have a next door(connecting) neighbor because the room noise reverberates. Usually there are only two or three at one time at each villa. I go because the pool is two steps off the nice back porch. The property has a low density which also nice. Not sure what else to say about the property.
I attempted to attached images of the property. hope it worked.

Attached picture IMG_0094.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0137.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0144.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0156.JPG
Posted By: lee614

Re: Esmeralda question - 06/24/2019 01:42 AM

oops one more image.
booking suggestion: We book cheaptickets dot com via kayak because it is cheaper to click on cheaptickets from kayak verse going direct to cheapticket's website. (not sure why) then be sure to be on cheapticket's e-mail list. they send 16% off offers all the time. (currently "summertime")
cheapticket is owned by Expedia.

Attached picture IMG_0114.JPG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline