TravelTalkOnline

Skin Creams

Posted By: bran

Skin Creams - 07/06/2019 12:17 AM

Ladies, my wife wants to purchase a few items. We are going to have breakfast at the Yacht Club and although I haven’t seen anything in that area that perhaps might be suitable, would there be a place nearby without having to go into Philly? Few places in Marigot but always charge in Euros.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Skin Creams - 07/06/2019 12:56 AM

Bran, what types of creams is she looking for?

The pharmacies have great products. They sell the La Roche-Posay line.

In addition, if she's at all interested in Retin A products, you can purchase a tube w/o rx for less than $20. If she's been prescribed one before she will know the strength to request. wink

Re: Skin Creams - 07/06/2019 01:04 AM

Think it’s for eye puffiness and around and under the eyes......appreciate it. Oh, just asked her, Plus a good moisturizer

Re: Skin Creams - 07/06/2019 01:08 AM

Just looked up Retin A, sounds good....$20.00 sounds even better. Do I understand right that this is normally a prescription but can get it here? Where would that be pls....
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Skin Creams - 07/06/2019 11:15 AM

We've used the Pharmacy in Grand Case so I'm not sure about others but that one has staff that speak English and are very helpful at recommendations.

One thing I found out was that Vishy products in USA do not contain the same ingredients as Vishy purchased in SXM. That bought in SXM did not cause my skin to breakout but those bought in USA did.

Don't know if that is the same with LaRoche-Possay; however I've purchased their sun screen for face that was recommended by our dermatologist, at a lesser price than here at home.

The pharmacy in Maho carries many lines found in USA.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Skin Creams - 07/06/2019 11:29 AM

The Maho Pharmacy also carries Vichy and many other fine products, as do other Dutch side pharmacies. Try the one in Simpson Bay behind Scotia Bank

Re: Skin Creams - 07/06/2019 01:52 PM

Bran, yes...true RetinA is dermatologist prescribed. Many products may carry small amounts in a lesser strength and sold over-the-counter.

If she's never used it she should start with the lower strength. .05 or .025. LOTS of moisturizer. wink SUNSCREEN!

I love all of the pharmacies. Maho, the one near ZeeBest and Frenchy Ludo's, etc.
https://theculturetrip.com/europe/france/articles/10-french-cosmetics-brands-you-should-know/

Re: Skin Creams - 07/06/2019 09:51 PM

Thx all and Beachkitten for the link, really great info. Ended up buying La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Yeux and the Retin-A 0.05 from Maho Pharmacy.....

Re: Skin Creams - 07/07/2019 12:26 AM

Glad to hear she made some good purchases!

And heaven forbid anyone gets sunburned badly or has radiation treatment, you can get Biafine easily at the pharmacy as well! Great product.
https://www.bauschhealth.com/Portals/25/Pdf/PI/Biafine-PI.pdf
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Skin Creams - 07/10/2019 01:06 AM

You can't beat La Roche-Posay. Luckily I can buy it in Canada and with the exchange rate presently it is the same price.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline