TravelTalkOnline

Gutside!!!

Posted By: blackmercedes

Gutside!!! - 07/09/2019 10:04 PM

Last week we visited the Gutside. It was delicious and delightful. Richard and Lourdes, the owners, were so friendly and welcoming. The creole chicken meal was fabulous. I think they are mostly open for lunch. There was a tour group there enjoying the food and atmosphere when we were there. The Gutside has perfect SXM character! It is on the road before you turn right to go to Friars. The cows walking down the middle of the road periodically are hysterical.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 12:10 AM

Gutside is a special SXM restuarant! Richard and Lourdes are great island folks and Richard is very entertaining. Always enjoy dining there.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 11:01 AM

And Richard IS open evenings! Love it there for many years.
Posted By: mort

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 11:27 AM

And Richard & Lourdes will bring their wonderful food to your villa, condo or timeshare unit. They will be happy to share their food and stories with you! Invited them to share a meal with a group of us. Such a special night.
Posted By: bbeach

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 12:10 PM

We stop there every trip, Richard and Lourdes are great people and great food.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 12:37 PM

Our best meal on the island in May was at Gutside and it was in the evening.

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 01:20 PM

Yes. Priceless memories.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by blackmercedes
Last week we visited the Gutside. It was delicious and delightful. Richard and Lourdes, the owners, were so friendly and welcoming. The creole chicken meal was fabulous. I think they are mostly open for lunch. There was a tour group there enjoying the food and atmosphere when we were there. The Gutside has perfect SXM character! It is on the road before you turn right to go to Friars. The cows walking down the middle of the road periodically are hysterical.

I have friends with this company that leads tour groups through Gutside. Brilliant idea! A truly authentic experience for them.
https://stmartinfoodtours.com/
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 08:22 PM

SO I assume "turn right" refers to coming from Grand Case. I don't remember a restaurant in that location....sounds good but on the hill, bottom of the hill....where is it
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/10/2019 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
SO I assume "turn right" refers to coming from Grand Case. I don't remember a restaurant in that location....sounds good but on the hill, bottom of the hill....where is it

Coming from Grand Case, turn right to go to Friars Bay, Gutside is about 1/2 way down on the right

Re: Gutside!!! - 07/12/2019 02:27 PM

Yes. And from Marigot, turn left when you get to the bottom of the hill. Gutside will be on your right. Say hello to Richard and Lourdes!!! Lourdes made pumpkin soup when we were there with dipping bread. It was YUMMMMYY!!!!! Richard showed the kids in the tour group all kinds of fun Caribbean items that he has collected. He LOVES showing off his treasures and décor!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline