TravelTalkOnline

Drinking Age/Laws on Drinking in Public on the French Side

Posted By: Allison731

Drinking Age/Laws on Drinking in Public on the French Side - 07/16/2019 02:39 AM

So, like I teased last April, I’m coming back at the end of the month for my 18th birthday. I know the drinking age on the Dutch side is 18, but what about the French side? Also, am I allowed to drink in public and/or at the beach, or do I have to at a restaurant or hotel room? No, I don’t plan I’m getting totally drunk, but as I will be having something big to celebrate, and we thought champagne would be in order. If it’s legal, that is!
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Drinking Age/Laws on Drinking in Public on the French Side - 07/16/2019 02:51 AM

18 is the legal drinking age in France. Walking down the street with an open container is likely a problem, drinking on the beach, as long as you are not intoxicated, is unlikely to be a problem.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Drinking Age/Laws on Drinking in Public on the French Side - 07/16/2019 11:54 AM

Happy birthday Allison. Ahhh, to be 18 again, sigh.

Re: Drinking Age/Laws on Drinking in Public on the French Side - 07/17/2019 11:08 PM

Thanks! Though I might miss the old life from time to time after my birthday....
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Drinking Age/Laws on Drinking in Public on the French Side - 07/18/2019 01:53 AM

I would start with Mimosas at sunrise and finish with champagne at at sunset. Have fun!

Re: Drinking Age/Laws on Drinking in Public on the French Side - 07/18/2019 02:20 AM

Sunrise on my birthday will be so crazy I won’t even have time to drink. I’ll definitely try them the next morning, though!
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Drinking Age/Laws on Drinking in Public on the French Side - 07/18/2019 11:21 PM

We always did mimosa sunrise at Club O beach on our last day on island. its awesome
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline