TravelTalkOnline

Sapphire Beach Resort

Posted By: doctorj

Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 12:55 PM

Good morning,
I have a chance to cash in a few RCI points and Sapphire Resort is one of the options.
Any comments would be appreciated.
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 01:03 PM

Check out this thread

Sapphire didn't seem to be at the top of very many people's lists. What are your other options?

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 01:54 PM

Pelican Key
Simpson Bay Resort
Belair
Divi
We stayed at Divi last fall. In May we always at various places in Orient Village.
We miss Club O
Just wanted to burn up our remaining time share points.
Thanks
doctorj
Posted By: bigbobthib

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 01:58 PM

Ocean front at Sapphire higher up the better. I have never had a major problem at Sapphire have stayed about 7 different times......

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 02:11 PM

Pelican Key?? Of those choices, I personally would choose Simpson Bay Resort IF I could get ocean view.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 02:13 PM

I talked to a couple who stayed at Sapphire two weeks ago. They said it was ok, but they also only paid $249 for the week. The outside is still in rough shape and they said there was no beach.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 02:34 PM

I would forgo Saphire and pick Simpson Bay Resort, Divi or Belair in that order.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 05:29 PM

i would stay at any of those others listed vs sapphire. Sapphire is the biggest timeshare pit on the island.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 05:42 PM

Thanks everyone.
carib cheers
doctorj

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 05:48 PM

Carol,
Pelican Key/La Vista Resort.
Thanks
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 06:48 PM

Just had a couple that has owned since 1997 and still happy with their unit. Just arrived today for twelve days. Go figure. Plus for the past few weeks I had quite a few of customers that sighed there.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 07:03 PM

Belair. Absolutely top of my list.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 07:40 PM

doctor--If LaVista Resort is one of your choices, I would go with that.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 08:42 PM

Thanks
Sorry for the confusion with the name.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 08:54 PM

I second La Vista. Nicely run resort.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/28/2019 09:00 PM

Sapphire is nice for walking. We try to get out early in am and walk 2-3 miles. We sometimes walk over to the market in Cupecoy or walk to Bar Code or Fat Tony's for lunch. The units are o.k., but because we are usually traveling with groups, we don't stay there much anymore. Maybe see if you can get it for $249 for the week and use points elsewhere. There are usually alot of walkers and joggers out early in a.m. We tend to buy grapes for our walk,they last longer than water does.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 12:07 AM

Thank you all. This interaction makes the site work.
See you in St. Martin!
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: Doc Bill

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 11:44 AM

Sapphire is a beautiful resort now with new management and renovations since Irma. The rooms, villas, pool, ocean view and perfect location are all excellent. Those on this forum who have not set foot in Sapphire recently should not render a meaningless opinion.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 12:00 PM

Thanks .
Posted By: Tailgater

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 03:00 PM

We are at Sapphire now and were also here late April/early May. I believe we’re the folks Lesley referred to. (And if you need to rent a car, he’s the best.) Overall, Sapphire is definitely improving after some years of neglect. When we bought here in 1997, it was beautiful. But years of mismanagement and indifference let it go downhill.
It is moving in the right direction, however. There have been many much-needed upgrades to rooms and furnishings post-Irma. Our room is great and well furnished, with views of ocean and lagoon. The pool is good and the bar/restaurant is nice - open-air right on the water.
They have some work still to do. The exterior of the building still looks shabby, the hot tubs on balconies no longer function, etc.
But overall staying here is again a nice experience and the place is better managed and moving in the right direction.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 03:19 PM

Thanks for the update and glad to hear things are improving. It has been a few years since I was last in Sapphire. Once a place gets a reputation, it is sometimes hard to get over it.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 03:24 PM

Thanks for your personal report.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 04:28 PM

Where did you find a 249 dollar offer? Thanks Jerry email jlakey1048@gmail.com
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 04:31 PM

Where did someone find a 249 dollar a week offer?
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/29/2019 05:01 PM

Sky Auction has a place at Sapphire listed, auction closes in about two hours. Has weeks available through October. Upgrade to a one bedroom for $50 week. Have not used Sky Auction in a while, though.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/30/2019 11:01 AM

La Vista has two areas (can't remember the names) but one is NOT on the beach; other one is.

GAKaye who posts here stays there and may have more info. Send her a PM from here.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/30/2019 11:19 AM

La Vista is on the hillside and La Vista Beach is on the water but it is not really a sandy beach.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/30/2019 02:37 PM

Both LaVista and La Vista Beach are run by the same people and are very nice.

Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - 07/30/2019 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Both LaVista and La Vista Beach are run by the same people and are very nice.

I am well aware of that and have stayed at La Vista a few times. I have had a few nice conversations with the owner, his daughter and other employees.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline