TravelTalkOnline

Why I love St Maarten

Posted By: Tammy

Why I love St Maarten - 08/05/2019 09:36 PM

Hi All

I am new to the forum, posting that is.
I have not been since Irma but everyday I enjoy what you all write.

My husband and I first visited the island in 2006 for our second wedding anniversary, by that time we had already done a lot of the other islands but there just was no 'magic feeling'.

From the first time I landed at Juliana I was in love, the approach was breathtaking. We would continue to visit every year three or four times per year till Irma.

At the time of our first visit I was still suffering from years of eating disorder and this would be the place where I learned to love myself. On our first visits to orient and cupecoy and baie rogue something about seeing nude people of all ages, shapes and all of the women looked gorgeous to me ....and I felt their confidence made them more beautiful....some "light" went on inside of me taking away my darkness and made me feel true beauty is just being yourself.

Sounds a little bit crazy but true--- had not had a Coca Cola in about ten years at that time ... sipping on one now 🤗
Now I have a love affair with food, learned to cook, love cooking.

We hope to visit again in November this year.
Posted By: mort

Re: Why I love St Maarten - 08/05/2019 09:59 PM

Hope you make it in November. Don't forget to do a trip report so we may enjoy your time too.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Why I love St Maarten - 08/05/2019 11:18 PM

Ditto Tammy....first visit was love. Been having an affair with SXM since.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Why I love St Maarten - 08/06/2019 04:59 AM

"true beauty is just being yourself."

Nice words, Tammy.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Why I love St Maarten - 08/06/2019 09:18 AM

I'm glad you are felling better!!! Yes, something about the approach to PJIA makes us feel at home too! I still feel sometimes like we are "Newbee's" compared to other posters. 17 years and so many visits later and still counting!! Yes, the beaches are magical to say the least!! Weather we are in front of "our" unit at BSV or on Orient beach there is something about it that just makes you feel like this is the place you belong! Have a great holiday in November!
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Why I love St Maarten - 08/07/2019 11:51 PM

The view coming down Cole Bay Hill in a taxi bus, on a 1992 Cruise was all I needed...love eternal !
Posted By: Allison731

Re: Why I love St Maarten - 08/08/2019 11:23 PM

It is a great way to feel better.

This is why I found Orient amazing. One of the best parts is that everyone is accepting and you soon stop realizing that you’re naked (or bottomless, in my case). People walked by me looking only at my face, and I got NO comments about how “hot” my legs were or what my butt looked like (as I certainly would have back at home).

Anyone with worries about their image definitely needs to come to St Martin!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline