TravelTalkOnline

Best Beach Bar

Posted By: Tammy

Best Beach Bar - 08/07/2019 10:06 PM

https://www.tripsavvy.com/best-beach-bars-in-the-caribbean-4092292

Those are the best best bars in Caribbean.
Sadly SXM not on list.
What is your pick for best beach bar on SXM/favorite beverage

Mine used to be Perch and Willie's strawberry daiquiri, she also did a great mudslide.

Also love Simone's Kiss at Holland House
Friars Bay Beach Bar guavaberry colada
Dany's Beach Bar rum punch.
Marys Boon chunky monkey

On Anguilla I loved Straw Hat - cool me downs
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/07/2019 11:46 PM

The list of best beach bars in the Caribbean that I saw online yesterday listed the beach bar at La Samanna and of course Sunset Bar and Grill, Maho!
Posted By: fabila

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 01:57 AM

Any drink Corinna made at Bikini was great.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 04:57 AM

Even though Willie has left the island, the frozen drinks at the Perch are still great. BBC's, Pina Coladas, etc.

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 10:49 AM

Cincinnati I never felt I had the 💵 to drink at La Samana. Sunset Beach Bar for sure is thrilling but always felt the drinks were not made with ❤️ there. Glad SXM made the list. I think first time visitors do love Sunset Beach Bar.

Can you believe it I have never had a pina colada ever. Had pina colada ice cream recently at a friend's home and it was delish. So will definitely try the one at Perch in November. Thanks Biturbo.

Only ate at Bikini never did drinks used to always feel when on Orient Bay head to Perch as felt drinks taste better sans clothing also I really did find Willie was fantastic. I wish her well wherever she is.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 12:25 PM

The rum punch at Bikini when Corinna was there was pretty amazing. Tibault at Dreams made a great gin drink with cucumber and lime, very refreshing on a hot day. I sure do miss that place!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 01:07 PM

Yes, I miss Dreams too!!! That would be my nomination for best beach bar...

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 02:56 PM

Yes Dreams was pretty awesome but I know from you all now it's gone.
Only thing the water was never good for swimming at least when I was there.
Place definitely had a unique classy vibe.
I am normally never one for champagne but whenever I would set foot there found myself calling for just that. 😀

Is there anything in its place now?
Posted By: pat

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 03:37 PM

Tammy,

No more Dreams and nothing in its place, at least not as of April past.

Try Anse Marcel. I think you’ll like it and the beach is much nicer as well as the water is easily accessible and swimmable. I don’t think the beach furnishings are as chic as what Dreams offered but they’re still very nice with thickly padded chaise lounges, but sadly, you do have to pay for them, even with drinks and or meals. We usually run a tab all day and then charge in Euros depending on the exchange rate. Our cc does NOT charge a conversion fee and their exchange rate has been better than that of the restaurant when we’ve asked.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 04:05 PM

Happy Hour 1:30 - 2:30 (2 for 1).

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/08/2019 04:47 PM

Hi Pat
Looks like a great Beach Bar.
I just looked at the website. And it looks divine. Would make for a great day.
Beach looks great for 'swimmers' like myself.
I think we tried to go years ago but chickened out going uphill. At the time had no idea what was on the other side, will definitely try it next time.

Biturbo Happy Hour at the Perch wish I was there now.

Since Irma, life also happened, my dad and in laws ill. Have been living vicariously thru you all.

Looking forward to November.
Posted By: Seaisle

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/14/2019 03:17 PM

Le String, Orient Beach
Best frozen drinks
Not sure if they have re-opened since IRMA
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/14/2019 03:36 PM

Not open at this time.

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/14/2019 03:39 PM

Speaking of which, they were working on one of those beach bars when we were there in June. Are they open yet? Chez Leandra, maybe??

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/14/2019 03:48 PM

There is a concrete building not finished in the area of Leandras (hard to tell exactly with nothing else there). There's rebar sticking out of the ground everywhere and a big hole with concrete block inside down where the toilets were before KonTiki. Parking lot is shaping up behind the fence.

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/14/2019 03:50 PM

OK, sounds like not much has happened since June. Maybe they are waiting till after hurricane season?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/14/2019 04:22 PM

Probably right. Would make sense to wait after hurricane season to avoid any redos that might have to take place.
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/14/2019 05:03 PM

We recently enjoyed a few BBC's at El Zafiro
Posted By: bran

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/14/2019 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by RICKnGRACE_LI_NY
We recently enjoyed a few BBC's at El Zafiro

Agreed, was the guy called Wally who made them? Good Barman...
Posted By: Lars

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/16/2019 03:41 PM

Dear all,

If standing on Boulevard de Grand Case with the nose towards the sea, there used to be a local restaurant on the (after Irma) empty plot left to Captain Frenchy’s.

The owner, very nice with eyes squinted, made the most fantastic Planteur served in beautiful layers (ananas, orange, goyave, rhum vieux et blanc, cannelle, vanille, citron, muscade). If Hemingway had been into drinking Le Planteur, I’m sure he had loved that “original” feeling.

Anybody who knows if the owner and family have opened a Creole restaurant anywhere else?

Kindly, Lars

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Todd

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/16/2019 03:59 PM

Dany's Rum Punch is pretty tough to beat, not high end with a nice glass but one in hand and that setting and view is about as good as life gets. Certainly miss Dreams, and another place I miss and while not on a beach was White Flag. Fantastic setting and 9oz Martini's. The "I Surrender" was the best coffee style martini I have ever had.
Cheers!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/16/2019 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lars
Dear all,

If standing on Boulevard de Grand Case with the nose towards the sea, there used to be a local restaurant on the (after Irma) empty plot left to Captain Frenchy’s.

The owner, very nice with eyes squinted, made the most fantastic Planteur served in beautiful layers (ananas, orange, goyave, rhum vieux et blanc, cannelle, vanille, citron, muscade). If Hemingway had been into drinking Le Planteur, I’m sure he had loved that “original” feeling.

Anybody who knows if the owner and family have opened a Creole restaurant anywhere else?

Kindly, Lars

[Linked Image]

This drink sounds like a Pouse Cafe. Always had trouble making one.

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/16/2019 07:20 PM

Tropical Wave at Le Galion used to be nice too.
Good service, good burgers; something about a good burger, cold beer and your toes in the sand.

I heard they are no more. Is anything new in its place?

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/16/2019 07:30 PM

No, there is nothing there

Re: Best Beach Bar - 08/16/2019 07:37 PM

That's a pity.
Used to avoid going on weekend because of the crowd.
That area must be pretty desolate on weekdays now
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline