TravelTalkOnline

Airport Construction Slow

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Airport Construction Slow - 08/08/2019 09:38 AM

DAILY HERALD
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Airport Construction Slow - 08/08/2019 10:36 AM

Maybe it is just me but,,,Arriving and leaving SXM post Irma via PJIA wasn't a consideration. Kinda like the "Old Days". Airline ticket prices ARE a big deterrent for travel to SXM .

Wendell

Re: Airport Construction Slow - 08/08/2019 12:10 PM

Yep, doesn't really matter the condition of the airport as much as the cost many endure to get there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Airport Construction Slow - 08/08/2019 01:23 PM

It's not going to stop me from going, but I sure will be happy when they have jet bridges in place again!!! It is really difficult (read, impossible) if you are not real mobile, to have a carry-on bag of any weight at all, and deal with stairs.

Re: Airport Construction Slow - 08/08/2019 01:51 PM

I understand but that would not be a determining factor for many people.

Overall, like with a couple of the timeshares, the pace of things getting done leaves a lot to be desired and is in no way helping the island.
Posted By: wabid

Re: Airport Construction Slow - 08/08/2019 02:37 PM

I guess a vacation destination airport will never deter me. Unless its for work and I need to get somewhere (For example: Dulles vs Reagan National). That said, even though I travel plenty, I get very OCD when traveling so I arrive at airport early, so having a nice place to relax before the flight always makes me happy and calm....don't get stressed when leaving
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline