TravelTalkOnline

The Cliffs

Posted By: minys

The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 01:15 PM

Anyone no status ,are people renting there units.
Posted By: BillDauterive

Re: The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 02:24 PM

What are you saying? Your statement does not make any sense. Is it a question?
Posted By: minys

Re: The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 02:41 PM

Your right I was trying to see if people were renting their
Units at The Cliffs. It was not rentable in February 2019.
So wondering if open or will be open in 2020.
Posted By: Tammy

Re: The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 03:50 PM

Hi Bill
Yes I agree it makes no sense.
But be kind.
Not everyone has had the same opportunities as you or I.
Posted By: BillDauterive

Re: The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 03:56 PM

Well .... I was not unkind.

The statement, as written, made no sense.

That is all.
Posted By: bran

Re: The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by BillDauterive
Well .... I was not unkind.

The statement, as written, made no sense.

That is all.

Yes you were. It came across as such plus not everyone has the master of the English language and could be from overseas. It was the manner of your reply as opposed to saying something simple such as “sorry don’t understand, could you be a bit more specific?”

That is all.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 05:39 PM

While I agree with Tammy and bran, let's move on.

Does anyone have current info on the Cliff and whether they are currently renting out units??
Posted By: kim

Re: The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 06:23 PM

All I know is it was still covered in lot of scaffolding. A handful of owners are living there. No other details.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: The Cliffs - 08/10/2019 09:40 PM

They are still working on the full insurance settlement figure. We know the Family well.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: The Cliffs - 08/11/2019 02:11 PM

The Cliff was not repaired when I left in July from SXM. I was told structural problems. I would hate to be an owner there.
Posted By: lbksxm

Re: The Cliffs - 08/11/2019 03:21 PM

That is incorrect information. There are no structural issues. The insurance claim has finally been settled and rentals should be available at The Cliff starting at Thanksgiving of this year.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 12:22 PM

Glad to hear no structural problems.

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 12:53 PM

benni--I definitely read that statement right after Irma from I believe the then manager of the Cliff, stating there was structural damage. I guess she wasn't qualified to make that statement. It sure has been a long time for them, considering many of those units are owner occupied.
Posted By: KGB

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 04:30 PM

That’s exactly what we were told also. They said that the whole building has shifted from the foundation or something like that.

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 05:01 PM

lbksxm--Do you own at the Cliff?
Posted By: pat

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 05:22 PM

We also “heard” there were major structural issues at the ”Cliff” - something to do with metal framing and a shift of the basic structure. But there-in lies the problem. You never know when you “hear” something is it rumor or fact, and IMPO, more often than not its rumor. Or such has usually been my experience........

We have TS at one of the yet unopened island resorts and I am constantly hearing news which is supposedly fact but more often than not, it’s purely rumor so these days I believe nothing that isn’t firmly rooted in reality from reputable sources.

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 05:46 PM

Pat--for sure, much of what you read these days is not true and it's hard to know what to believe.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by KGB
That’s exactly what we were told also. They said that the whole building has shifted from the foundation or something like that.

If that were true, the elevators would not work, and I believe they do.
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 06:06 PM

You are correct Elaine. We have a friend (Owner) who is there now and using them.
Posted By: lbksxm

Re: The Cliffs - 08/12/2019 11:10 PM

We have owned at The Cliff since the inception, I served on the HOA board for years, I am currently in frequent contact with the board, and we are living in our condo right now. The HOA contracted with a structural engineering firm to examine the building (as any responsible HOA would do following a 185 mph sustained wind hurricane) after Irma and it was determined that the building and structure are fine. Some people, for some reason, would prefer to believe otherwise.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline