TravelTalkOnline

Anguilla Hotel Worker Murder Update

Posted By: Tammy

Anguilla Hotel Worker Murder Update - 08/21/2019 12:05 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/scott-...-hotel-worker-facing-threats-2019-08-20/

https://www.foxnews.com/world/connecticut-scott-hapgood-anguilla-hotel-worker-trial

Trial is supposed to be this week.
Another site I read said accused is hoping to stand trial remotely.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anguilla Hotel Worker Murder Update - 08/24/2019 01:36 PM

Case postponed until September 9

Based on what I have been reading regarding the local's thoughts on the situation, I don't think this fellow WANTS a jury trial. I wonder if he can elect a purely judge trial. Based on the toxicology results, the tales of how the hotel worker was such a saint appear to be a bit overdone, to me.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Anguilla Hotel Worker Murder Update - 08/24/2019 02:03 PM

Ah, but did the drug/alcohol test the accused? The plot thickens.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Anguilla Hotel Worker Murder Update - 08/24/2019 03:00 PM

According to an interview of a witness I saw on national TV, after defendant had subdued victim he continued to hold his arm across victim's neck despite pleas from the witness to ease up. Understandable, but could be a key factor in the case.
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Anguilla Hotel Worker Murder Update - 08/24/2019 03:03 PM

It's true in the beginning the hotel worker was painted as a saint.

But Bill's question brings food for thought.

I find it hard to believe the hotel worker with a name tag and uniform on tried to rob them by knocking on door to fix stuff.

Maybe a party went wrong.

Some people step out of their comfort zones on vacation, some experiment with drugs they never tried or some play bedroom games with strangers. ( very common on sxm)

Or maybe the hotel worker really went mad on that day and set out to commit a crime for which he would surely be caught.

Who knows what really happened.

We may never know the truth.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline