TravelTalkOnline

Invest 96L

Posted By: sxmmartini

Invest 96L - 09/13/2019 04:48 PM

Invest 96L has a 50/ 50 chance of developing into a storm. I am starting to wonder if anyone in the met field knows anything about weather???

Attached picture image.png
Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Invest 96L - 09/13/2019 04:56 PM

..and now there is ANOTHER wave coming off of Africa..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Invest 96L - 09/13/2019 05:06 PM

It's that time of the year.

Re: Invest 96L - 09/13/2019 05:16 PM

Honestly, that is not a valid response, especially to those who lost so much and are just now trying to get back on their feet, two years later..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Invest 96L - 09/13/2019 06:33 PM

That was not meant to be sarcastic but this is the time of year weather rolls of Africa and is to be expected.

Re: Invest 96L - 09/13/2019 08:40 PM

But those whose lives have been destroyed don't want to hear it's to be expected. I think people who don't live in the hurricane belt really can't understand it. We didn't get any more than gusty winds from Dorian, but after dealing with Irma two years ago and even here in Florida, being out of power for 11 days after Irma, this thing that's going up the East Coast of Florida in a day or so has us all on edge, and we don't even live on the coast.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Invest 96L - 09/13/2019 10:25 PM

Your right Carol! We live in what’s referred to as hurricane alley, I’m the east coast! For those who don’t experience hurricanes, the full effect, meaning not only the event, but dealing with the damage and recovery in the aftermath, not to mention dealing with insurance companies! Give me a break, we all know every hurricane season is to be expected, that’s our life! Sorry just my two cents.

Re: Invest 96L - 09/13/2019 11:57 PM

Agreed. My business suffered for at least a good year after Irma. People who don't live in the hurricane zone don't really understand.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Invest 96L - 09/14/2019 03:18 AM

There are at least 3 more waves still in Africa, and yet to pop off of the coast. Scuba, love him or hate him, is merely being factual.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Invest 96L - 09/14/2019 03:27 AM

But, we can't worry every time a tropical wave comes off the coast of Africa. I hope and pray that these waves that eventually become storms will spin-off and away from the islands and Florida, but some will develop and we'll have to deal with them accordingly. Every time a cloud formation forms in the tropical Atlantic waters the Weather Channel is all over it and anxiety levels rise (and sometimes to unhealthy levels IMO). What did we do 30 or 40 years ago when this kind of coverage wasn't always in our faces every time we turned on TV? We survived and when storms did strike we dealt with it. It's smart to keep an eye on the tropics during this time of year, but like the saying goes ... "everyone's talking about the weather, but no one can do anything about it."
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline