TravelTalkOnline

Simpson Bay/Marina area parking...

Posted By: DavidC2065

Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 11:32 AM

Is there parking at Vesna Taverna? (We want to go there for breakfast). For that matter, in general, do the Simpson Bay area/Marina area restaurants have parking? If not, is there street parking?

We're staying in the Maho area, and want to venture over to Simpson Bay. It seems to have quite a few places to eat. We ate at Toppers a few years ago, and they had a parking lot, so it was pretty easy.

Another question.... Buccaneer Beach Bar - parking?

We aren't newbies, but we haven't really spent much time in the Simpson Bay area - mostly Maho Village, Cupecoy and Phillipsburg.

Thanks in advance...

Trip will be week of Oct 12.
***********25 days and counting !!!***************
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 11:55 AM

Vesna has plenty parking right outside. Buccaneer, last Saturday we had to park by Scotia Bank. A very long walk. Anything along Billy Folly Road is a disaster for parking. Most places on Welfare Road like Vesna you can find a spot nearby.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 02:56 PM

Depending on the day I have always found parking at Buccaneer Beach Bar. Weekend evenings can be a little more difficult. All the rest you asked about has parking.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 03:11 PM

when we stayed right beside Buccanner Beach bar, above the Greenhouse,,parking was very very limited. It was January though, so not sure about other months.

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 03:13 PM

Low season, Buc was pretty quiet and no parking for a long way. I expect GH and Lee's parking in Buc lot.

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 03:37 PM

We are always there at BBB or Greenhouse in May and usually have found parking when we drove there and not walked but with Lees opening it might be more difficult.

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 03:48 PM

First time I've been up that way in about 6 months. It's a mess.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 04:00 PM

It was a mess in March. Went to Aqua Mania one day and I had to park up by La Vista. Lee's will just add to the mess and congestion.

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 04:09 PM

Hope they can get that parking figured out. Lucky for us we can walk it there but bad for others that can't.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 04:41 PM

I also stay in the Maho area. If I'm heading down to Simpson Bay, I usually take one of the vans. For a couple of bucks I avoid all parking hassles and no problem with drinking and driving.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/17/2019 06:34 PM

For the life of me I can not understand why an Intelligent business man would rebuild his business where there is little or no parking. I liked Lees very much but I know I will not go through the hassle on that road to find a parking space.

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/18/2019 12:30 AM

We've driven through the Simpson Bay area on our way to and from Phillipsburg and always noticed how little parking there was. But since we were zipping by in a car, we weren't really looking at the parking options extensively. Thanks for the info !!!

Re: Simpson Bay/Marina area parking... - 09/18/2019 12:32 AM

The van idea sounds good. We will think about maybe doing that when we go to the Simpson Bay area. Thanks, Tim.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline