TravelTalkOnline

Diving

Posted By: jborosara

Diving - 10/30/2019 01:46 PM

best options for diving in SXM - we are staying in Orient Village - plan to rent a car for at least part of the stay

both certified - last dive in July of this year - going in Feb 2020
Posted By: downhillracer

Re: Diving - 10/30/2019 06:37 PM

I dove with Octo out of Grand Case but they are closed. If you want some cool diving go to Saba for a day

and dive the Pinnacles. I did it a few years ago and it was worth the trouble.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Diving - 10/30/2019 09:21 PM

I'd go with www.stmaartendive.com through Aqua Mania at www.stmaarten-activities.com in Simpson Bay. They also have a location in Philipsbure at Dock Martin and Divi resort. I've logged close to 300 dives with them. Good company.

Re: Diving - 10/31/2019 02:31 PM

we are not particular experienced divers - I've logged close to 100 and have the advanced open water certification - my husband has half that and only open water - we need a fairly beginner friendly operation - do they qualify?

Re: Diving - 10/31/2019 02:58 PM

Yes. Very much so. I still haven't gone beyond Open Water but never needed i as now I only dive with them in St Maarten. Dived Hawaii, Saba, St Thomas, Cabo and St Barths in addition to St Maarten. All with only Open Water.
Posted By: downhillracer

Re: Diving - 11/01/2019 03:39 PM

do you have there web site info

Re: Diving - 11/01/2019 08:02 PM

Both web sites are in a previous post in this thread. One for Dive Adventures and one for Aqua Mania.

Re: Diving - 11/04/2019 03:41 PM

thanks much

i emailed another dive company (forgot which one) and they were talking about their 'advanced conditions' and I knew that would not work for us... I love to dive - my husband likes but not loves it -

how long are the boat rides generally?

sv

Re: Diving - 11/04/2019 03:50 PM

Depending on where you depart from and dive site selected 10 - 15 min.

Re: Diving - 11/04/2019 05:02 PM

I promise I will be done with the questions soon :-)

we are going to be staying in Orient Village - which is the closest departure - looks like either Divi or Philipsburg - NOT Simpson bay (which also means we get to avoid Marigot and the airport traffic)

Re: Diving - 11/04/2019 05:40 PM

Philipsburg is probably the closest as far as the crow flys but Divi is close too and maybe more convenient.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline