TravelTalkOnline

Thirsty baron sports bar

Posted By: travelgal

Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 03:07 PM

Any advice on how good of a sports bar this is?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 03:30 PM

We've been a few times and enjoyed it. Food was good too.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 03:41 PM

Elaine--when was the last time you were there? We tried to go there on a Sunday night in October and it was not open. Perhaps they were just on vacation?

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 03:43 PM

Don't know, it's been a few months for sure.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 03:44 PM

ok

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 03:46 PM

By the way, if it is on your radar as a possibility, do NOT go to Bar Code on a Sunday night, as when we were there in October, they showed a RE-RUN football game from earlier that day. sick And it was a boring game, to boot, between two bad teams..... duh
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 03:53 PM

Where is the Thirst Baron, I've never been. Looking to maybe watch some football today. WON'T go to Bar Code, thanks Carol.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 04:33 PM

What about The Pub SXM?

That's Tanya and Michael's new Sports Bar.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Pub-SXM-2436086449757756/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 05:08 PM

Thirsty Baron is on the corner that you turn at, to go to Mary's Boon and Karakter. It is in the building where Pollo Hermanos (sp!!) is. The entrance is on the side road, not the one that faces the main road. It is on the second floor. But make sure it's open before you try to go. I was really p*ssed at the situation at Bar Code..

Wingman--I assume you know how to get the network channels at BSV?
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by The_Lurker
What about The Pub SXM?

That's Tanya and Michael's new Sports Bar.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Pub-SXM-2436086449757756/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Great place to watch all sports
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 07:09 PM

I haven't been there, but friends have and enjoyed it. Perhaps Todd will see this post and respond.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/03/2019 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
It is in the building where Pollo Hermanos (sp!!) is.

I read that Pollos Hermanos has opened on Front Street. What I haven't been able to determine is whether they moved there or whether it's a second location. Will find out in a few days.
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 01:10 PM

Thirsty Baron is on the corner that you turn at, to go to Mary's Boon and Karakter. It is in the building where Pollo Hermanos (sp!!) is. The entrance is on the side road, not the one that faces the main road. It is on the second floor. But make sure it's open before you try to go. I was really p*ssed at the situation at Bar Code..

Wingman--I assume you know how to get the network channels at BSV?

Yes I do Carol. As a matter of fact, we ended up just sitting on the beach and pool. I did watch the last half of the Green Bay/Chargers game here at the villa.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 01:52 PM

Drove by yesterday and TB did not look open. Looks like there's a sign on the door, I'll stop next time I pass.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 02:03 PM

Wingman--It is nice to just have that option to stay 'home' and watch.

Elaine--I don't remember seeing a sign on the door when we went by, but there might have been one. If it's still closed, that's not a good sign.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 02:07 PM

We unfortunately stayed at "the villa" and saw the Pats loose their first game. frown
Guess it's ok that it was to a 'home' team.

Figured the tv out to that extent. Still cannot figure out how to get the regular networks...lol

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 02:14 PM

BeachKitten--I would have thought you would have been rooting for the Ravens, regardless? Any day when the Patsies lose is a good day, in my book! toast

Unless your box is not working correctly, all you have to do to get the regular networks is to change your preferences on the TV to show HD and non HD channels. Toward the end of our stay, our box went haywire and we couldn't get it to show the non HD channels. They were supposed to get some new boxes in the day after we left, so hopefully that's not a problem anymore.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 02:14 PM

TB FB page says they are closed for vacation. No mention of reopen date.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 02:18 PM

OK, seems like quite a long vacation, and odd that there's no reopening date. We were there on the 6th of October, and they were closed then. And they missed the playoffs and whole World Series??

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 02:29 PM

Yes, strange.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 03:48 PM

"BeachKitten--I would have thought you would have been rooting for the Ravens, regardless? Any day when the Patsies lose is a good day, in my book! toast"
Couldn't have said it better.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 05:42 PM

I have been to the TB (my initials as well) a few times and enjoyed it , food was good as were the drinks and plenty of TV's to watch the game. Sad to hear they may not be open and I would think that they would be back considering the time of year with sports on. But...they may be rich and feel no pressure and if so, good for them!

Lal's on Sunday nights is doing $1 island beers during the game, I personally always enjoy the food but also enjoy talking to Lal on sports betting and music. I plan on being there at Lal's for the Seahawks at Eagles Sunday night game Nov 24th! Go Hawks!

Also Congrats to Baltimore on a big win!

Cheers!

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 05:57 PM

"Sunday night game Nov 24th! Go Hawks!"
How about that nail biter yesterday? Next Monday with SF will be a real test. Go Hawks.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 06:06 PM

No need to worry, playing Tampa. Tampa continues to find new ways to lose games.

To the other poster--Where is The Pub and who are Tanya and Michael?

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 06:12 PM

Don't know, we seem to struggle with loosing teams.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 06:15 PM

Where is The Pub and who are Tanya and Michael?

Carol, The Pub is where Byblos was located. Tanja used to tend the outside bar at Bavaria on Friday sausage nights (she may still; I don't know). Michael is her fiance.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Where is The Pub and who are Tanya and Michael?

Carol, The Pub is where Byblos was located. Tanja used to tend the outside bar at Bavaria on Friday sausage nights (she may still; I don't know). Michael is her fiance.

Exactly...

Their new Pub has been getting good reviews, and I hear they have sports on all the time.
I was just suggesting another option, if they were looking for a place to watch a game.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 06:34 PM

OK, thanks. Not sure why that location has gone through so many different restaurants. Don't know Tanya or Tanja or Michael.

Happy birthday, by the way!!

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 06:40 PM

OK, thanks. Not sure why that location has gone through so many different restaurants. Don't know Tanya or Tanja or Michael.

Sorry about the error---guess it is Tanja.....
Now you know who they are.

I included a website.

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/04/2019 07:31 PM

Not a website, a facebook page, but I saw that you posted a link. I did not know her from Bavaria, as I'm one of the few here on TTOL that doesn't enjoy Bavaria. Everyone else seems to love it. Different strokes!

Re: Thirsty baron sports bar - 11/05/2019 12:01 PM

Thank you!

As far as that location is concerned, Byblos was there for several years until it was badly damaged by Irma. After that Jacob decided to leave the island.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline