TravelTalkOnline

JetBlue new fare structure

Posted By: boucharda

JetBlue new fare structure - 11/12/2019 10:03 PM

Kinda complicated but I guess adds some protection for potential cancellation/changes

JetBlue fare classes link
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/12/2019 10:05 PM

Yeah I thought it seemed kinda complicated also.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/12/2019 10:46 PM

Blue and Blue Plus have not changed (I think). Blue Basic is completely no frills even boarding last. Blue Extra is the Cadillac. For what it’s worth I checked our dates in July and they aren’t offering the new fares on the JFK-SXM route.

I don’t know what the fare difference will be, but I’d have to be pretty hard up to go Blue Basic and risk forfeiting the fare completely if I had to cancel or reschedule.
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/12/2019 11:55 PM

I just checked the route to West Palm I fly and they're only offering the Basic and the Extra; the Plus which I generally fly is gone, meaning on a whole they've made this route more expensive. cloud

Edit: did some pricing. The Basic now works out to about the same as the Plus after paying extra for the bag I suppose, but now if I have to change I lose the fare as opposed to being able to change for a fee. Still getting less for the same amount.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/13/2019 01:01 AM

I’ve yet to see a route offering Blue Basic. Everything I’ve looked at is Blue and Blue Extra.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/13/2019 12:31 PM

Hmmm....I agree...Blue, Blue Extra (both do NOT include a checked bag) and sometimes Mint.

Checked a few destinations on different dates in February
Posted By: RonDon

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/13/2019 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
Kinda complicated but I guess adds some protection for potential cancellation/changes

JetBlue fare classes link

Seems cancellation/changes are the same. Difference is they added a new tier where for less money you can't check a bag, can't get any refunds, seated last when boarding. And the other new tier offers priority boarding, refund, bag check.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/13/2019 01:50 PM

Rosemary--how much do you want to bet that the new lower priced tier -- with less services -- is the same cost as what it was for the old lowest priced tier??? Thus, just a way to increase revenue. It's all about the bucks, for the airlines!!!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/13/2019 07:26 PM

The basic is still less expensive paying for a bag this time.( Usually get the Plus)
I get insurance if I have to cancel, so that wouldn't be an issue.

If you add the more comfort fee, you get to board first.

It is confusing and a bit high right now. Almost booked Delta and they jumped $100 the following day. frown
Posted By: RonDon

Re: JetBlue new fare structure - 11/13/2019 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Rosemary--how much do you want to bet that the new lower priced tier -- with less services -- is the same cost as what it was for the old lowest priced tier??? Thus, just a way to increase revenue. It's all about the bucks, for the airlines!!!

Probably. Not a bet I'd take . When they (JB) changed their structure last time I called and said I wasn't able to book one fare with bag and one without so what should i do and was told make two separate bookings. At that time I said I didn't see any good in the new tiers and was told now I could pick a tier that would lower my cost. I begged to differ saying what I'd booked in the past with just carry-on was less that the new rates. The response was "possibly, you're correct.

Now that I'm taking a flight to Europe I suddenly realize the nuances of the airlines. They charge for seats, checked bags, carry-ons, food, pillows, blankets and gosh knows what else. I hope by the time I catch the flight that they aren't charging to go to the bathroom because at my age I might have to mortgage my house to do it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline