TravelTalkOnline

New Hotel Coming?

Posted By: ruralcarrier

New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 02:41 PM

Adonis Cupecoy
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 03:02 PM

Where is it, anyone know? "Cupecoy" isn't very specific.
Posted By: pat

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 03:19 PM

Just my personal and long held thoughts.........

Don’t know where this specific property is located but I can’t help but wonder how much more development will take place before they finally get around to doing something about the island’s failing infrastructure. The roads are still in terrible condition; the parking is sadly lacking; and the islands mass transportation, buses, etc., is horrendous. The electric comes and goes and water can be sporadic. I wonder if they have fire-fighting apparatus should a fire break out in these larger newer buildings, and if they do, given the over trafficked roads, how could it get to the fire in the first place.

Don’t get me wrong - I love this island but they really need to fix some/any/all of these problems before adding any more fuel to the fire in the guise of more hotel rooms.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 03:33 PM

It's the one being built next to Mullet Bay Golf course.
Posted By: pat

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 03:42 PM

Fourteen? We were told that will be 22 stories when completed. For real or more rumors?
Posted By: enzosxm

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 03:53 PM

Absolutely not 14. It is in Jordan Road. It is the road that from Rhine Road, the one that takes you from Maho to Porto Cupecoy. It goes to the former Summit Resort. It was a dilapidated for uncountable years building that has been renovated as a small boutique hotel. It is good for the Cupecoy area.
Posted By: kim

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 04:04 PM

It’s up by BarCode I think. In that area. 52 rooms. Nice addition. I don’t think it’s the old Summit Property.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by kim
It’s up by BarCode I think. In that area. 52 rooms. Nice addition. I don’t think it’s the old Summit Property.

Could it be the old Treasure Island property?

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 04:23 PM

By Bar Code? The place directly across the street from Bar Code that they were griping about that was going to ruin their view certainly wasn't anywhere near completion in October, just a hole in the ground. That, I think, is that huge tower complex. Odd that this thing is supposed to open for soft opening next month and no one seems to know where it is.

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 04:35 PM

Same side as Barcode two doors down basically toward Rhine Road.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 04:37 PM

It's on Jordan Road, next door to Arbor Estates.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 04:54 PM

Elaine, is the Bodega restaurant open yet? Next to Bar Code?

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 05:07 PM

Yes, and no, we have not been. grin

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 05:39 PM

Oh, ok thanks!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 05:41 PM

I have been by a couple of times, and they have accomplished quite a bit since I was on island in June/July, when I don't remember seeing anything in that spot. The building is definitely now there, in the location Elaine described. I would not be surprised if they met their soft opening goal.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 08:47 PM

Yes, it is pretty much ready to go. Doesn't quite look like the pictures though.

Next to La Bodega.

We ate at La Bodega, and I also know someone who works there. For me, I just don't get the raves. C'est la vie.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 09:18 PM

Are people raving about la Bodega?

Yes, the pics of the hotel make it seem like it’s on the golf course or something where as it’s surrounded by other buildings. But hopefully it will be nice.

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/24/2019 11:00 PM

Have heard a few good reviews, but most have said too much $$$.
Posted By: fritzks

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/25/2019 01:02 PM

Open in Jan. 2020 with soft opening in Dec.? That's pretty aggressive for SXM standards isn't it? If so, I would think it would be photographable at this point.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/25/2019 01:21 PM

Is this the tower like structure(s) on left side of road as you leave the University area, the Carrefore market, Jules bakery etc?

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/25/2019 01:40 PM

No, see my post above as to the location. The building(s) you are talking about are two giant towers with condo's, not a hotel

This is Fourteen, NOT Adonis: https://www.facebook.com/the14thatMulletBayOfficialPage/
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/25/2019 04:17 PM

Maybe already said but I think it back in that area around the medical school, not really a prime or tourist area and no pool so maybe more of a business hotel? Does sound pretty soon to open.....Maybe its a rehab of a prior building. Personally we like something more central located and with a beach or a hotel few perks like a bar and restaurant.

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/25/2019 06:05 PM

I feel like a complete dope. But if you go to google earth and type in Adonis Sint Maarten it will come up. I took a screen shot but just can’t figure out how to post it!!!
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/25/2019 06:10 PM

6-7 months ago when i was looking for a place to stay in December, this place came up as available on a few hotel search engines...but all the pics on the site look like artist renderings, which was concerning doh

Link: Adonis Cupecoy Hotel - SXM
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/25/2019 06:51 PM

Agree it's more for business or maybe parents visiting their kids at the college?

A conference room for 60 people. But it is also pet friendly which is a plus!
Posted By: DICKG

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/26/2019 01:51 PM

I agree it looks real nice it was all lite up in a few rooms same side as bar code
Posted By: fritzks

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/26/2019 02:20 PM

Prices seem very reasonable. Just checked for Jan.4th to 8th. Range from $108 to $242. Looks like basic hotel room, not sure I would want to spend a week there. Could be great if you needed a couple of nights before you checked into you weekly rental or parents visiting medical students.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/26/2019 02:42 PM

Like this?

Attached picture 2019-11-26.png

Re: New Hotel Coming? - 11/26/2019 05:58 PM

Wow,, JD posted a picture of Google Maps!! clapping
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline