TravelTalkOnline

Mini Van?

Posted By: tomtina1

Mini Van? - 11/30/2019 02:04 PM

My wife and I are coming in Jan with our 4 kids. Doesn't seem like many of the rental car companies have mini vans?? Seem to have Honda Pilots, just concerned traveling with 6 people and if that is enough space with luggage. Thoughts and a good rental company? Thank you in advance!
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Mini Van? - 11/30/2019 03:29 PM

We've since downsized to two smaller cars but when the kids were younger we rented a mini van from Michael at the original Unity. You can email Michael at mike12468@yahoo.com and see if he can accommodate you.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Mini Van? - 11/30/2019 03:38 PM

If luggage space is a concern, consider taking a taxi from the airport to wherever you’re staying and getting your rental later. This allows us to rent a smaller car and in the end is cheaper.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Mini Van? - 11/30/2019 03:43 PM

Then you'll have to do the same getting back to the airport.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Mini Van? - 11/30/2019 04:35 PM

Yes. Worked out great for us. Much less stress from dealing with the kids, bags, and rental car. But you do have to choose a car company that will deliver to your hotel or wherever you’re staying. There’s only four of us, but with small kids we filled a small SUV with luggage. The following year we did a taxi and then had a small car delivered to our hotel.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Mini Van? - 11/30/2019 05:10 PM

Have a friend who got rental at airport, put family in o car with some luggage and took a taxi himself with the rest, both ways. Worked for them
Posted By: megamania

Re: Mini Van? - 12/05/2019 02:37 PM

I would think a Honda Pilot would be the same if not more than that of a mini van...we rented a mini van from Michael at Unity and it was not a brand new van by anymeans,,but we travelled around with 8 people...although not with luggage,,,had to make two trips to airport, etc.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline