TravelTalkOnline

A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters?

Posted By: ruralcarrier

A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 11:02 AM

Sounds like a small step in the right direction to me. Especially if they are going to start destroying the scooters of the offenders.

DAILY HERALD ARTICLE
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 12:37 PM

That's a good start but a long way to go to solve the big problem of reckless driving and fun seekers.

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 01:12 PM

I agree but it is a start and if enough of them get confiscated and destroyed, it may just have an impact down the road so to speak. They need to do a control like this in French Quarter area on a Sunday.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 01:34 PM

Reading the story, I wonder what happened on November 11??

I noted one of the parties on the Dutch side has as a part of their election platform, the construction of a drag strip on Sint Maarten. To me, this actually seems like a good idea, IF the drag strip would require proper licenses, tags, etc. of all riders. What do other people here think? (Of course, this same party also wants to legalize marijuana, so maybe not such a good idea...)

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 01:41 PM

Nov. 11 was St. Maarten Day. Perhaps there was a cycle/scooter issue then as it was the day prior to that we had the issue with them.

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 01:50 PM

OK, I was wondering whether that was the day that you had a problem.

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 01:58 PM

Junior said with the long weekend the scooter/cycle guys would be all worked up with the extra day to play dangerously.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 04:11 PM

Confiscate and destroy the dang things! I'm sure most were stolen during/after Irma anyway.

We kept looking for all of the Harley's taken from that dealership....lol. You'd think lots of people would be riding Harley's. Wonder where they went?

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 05:50 PM

I would assume that the Harleys were parted out. Much easier to hide that it was stolen.

Re: A Start in Dealing with Dangerous Scooters? - 12/07/2019 08:48 PM

Probably, especially if they had much damage.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline