TravelTalkOnline

More troubles for Max8

Posted By: SXMScubaman

More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 04:04 PM

American and Southwest ground Max8 through April
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 04:19 PM

Scubaman--I assume you intended to include a link?

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 04:38 PM

No link. Just was anounced on local Seattle news. If I find a link I'll post it.

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 04:41 PM

ok

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 04:45 PM

Mentioned in this article.
Boeing to halt production of 737 Max airliner in January

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/business/article238420563.html
Posted By: pat

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 04:55 PM

One leg of our April trip was on one of these ill-fated planes. A quick phone call and AA changed us to a different flight without any issue at all and actually put us on a more convenient routing through our regional airport as opposed to having to fly out of NY. And the best part - they couldn’t have been any nicer or more helpful!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 05:00 PM

Well, rest assured the whole airplane’s airworthiness is under review and i’m sure it is very airworthy it is just going to be rejustified.

That said, it will have a stigma and supposedly AA flight attendants are begging not to work on it.
It will take time to rebuild the trust.

Massive amount of corporate goodwill lost with this but it will lead to greater safety for 737 and anything else Boeing and Airbus makes

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 05:13 PM

Pat--as I have reported here before, our flight in May was originally scheduled by us on a NON Max 8, nonstop from Miami. There were two planes two hours apart from Miami, earlier one, the Max 8, later one, non Max 8. We deliberately booked the OTHER flight, not the Max8. AA cancelled MY flight and put us on the MAX 8, When I called about it, they offered to let us cancel and that was it. No seat upgrade, no nothing. Knowing there were problems with this plane, WHY didn't they cancel the Max 8 flight and keep ours? Plus the Max 8 flight is scheduled to leave Miami at 10:30 AM, which makes it pretty tough for anyone to connect through Miami. The later flight left Miami at 12:30 PM, which sure makes for a lot better ability to make connections to that flight. Maybe if I'm lucky, AA will cancel the Max 8 flights through June...

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 06:02 PM

Still plenty of time for AA to make schedule and equipment changes.

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 06:10 PM

..which hopefully they will. My point was I didn't understand why, when they went from two flights to one, that they cancelled MY plane, at a time when they knew the Max was not yet certified to fly. As of now, the bookings for that time period are still VERY slow. I doubt very seriously that they will reinstate two flights from Miami, any time soon. I guess the fallacy in my reasoning is expecting anything that airlines do, to make sense. duh

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 06:19 PM

When going through MIA on our red-eye from SEA we always connected on the 11:00 am flight to SXM. Wait and see what happens. No other choice but to cancel and take different route.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: More troubles for Max8 - 12/17/2019 10:23 PM

https://markets.businessinsider.com...annualized-gdp-growth-2019-12-1028769614

737MAX problem hurts US GDP a half of a percent.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline