TravelTalkOnline

overnight room near airport

Posted By: dcareri

overnight room near airport - 12/28/2019 08:49 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a room for one night somewhere close to the airport (Maho, SImpson, etc). I tried searching this site but most of the conversations I found are around suites and timeshares.

Thanks
Dennis
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: overnight room near airport - 12/28/2019 09:14 PM

A lot will depend on the time of year, Exactly when are you looking for?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: overnight room near airport - 12/28/2019 09:16 PM

Many places require more than a one night stay.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: overnight room near airport - 12/28/2019 09:18 PM

I just sent you a private message.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: overnight room near airport - 12/28/2019 10:15 PM

Regarding timeshares, many timeshares are available for rent as hotels on Travelocity, etc. Without knowing season, etc., I might suggest Mary's Boon. They have a couple of rooms that are pretty cheap (usually around $100 a night). They don't have a view, but you walk around the corner and the ocean is there. The resort itself is right on the beach, they have a small pool, and a restaurant there and at Karakter, right next door. It's not far from the airport, about 10 minutes, unless the bridge is up, or unless traffic is seriously f*ed up.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: overnight room near airport - 12/28/2019 11:10 PM

Check Expedia.com. I have found many short term listings there.
Posted By: dcareri

Re: overnight room near airport - 01/01/2020 05:13 PM

Thanks. Mary’s Boon worked out.
Posted By: chelea

Re: overnight room near airport - 01/01/2020 05:32 PM

Avoid the lower lobby and lower garden rooms. They are below ground. It was probably the worst hotel experience I've ever had anywhere.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: overnight room near airport - 01/01/2020 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by chelea
Avoid the lower lobby and lower garden rooms. They are below ground. It was probably the worst hotel experience I've ever had anywhere.

We also had a problem with the lower rooms. First night noticed huge bugs coming out of the shower drain. Maid said they were cockroaches! We were moved immediately. Lower rooms are damp and dreary, no natural light. Now this was pre Irma, don't know how they are now but they are still underground.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: overnight room near airport - 01/01/2020 07:59 PM

Dennis--glad to hear it..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline