TravelTalkOnline

Fresh Produce

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Fresh Produce - 12/29/2019 10:43 PM

Looking to eat better this trip and need a place to get grapes, grape tomatoes and small snacking peppers.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/29/2019 11:52 PM

Carrefour over the Causeway.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 12:38 AM

Market Garden
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 01:08 AM

Honestly, lots of places on island to get great produce. Super U, Carrefour, several other places.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 03:47 AM

For fresh produce....i would think the ''tent'' that is always set up near the gas station heading to Orient from Pburg. I believe it's in Orleans??? The same people have run that fruit stand for years and years.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 10:29 AM

Unless it is locally grown produce, it will likely be the same produce one can find at any of the grocery stores as it all comes in on the same boat or plane. Nothing wrong with supporting a local fruit stand but what one can buy in the grocery might actually be more "fresh" due to refrigeration and turnover of product.

It is somewhat like the Amish produce stands around where I live. Unless the product is in season locally, you will find the shipping boxes piled under the produce wagon and it is the same as what one can buy in the local groceries.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 01:23 PM

There's a local farm somewhere near the Cupecoy area. I don't know details, but perhaps Elaine will see this and respond.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 01:44 PM

There's an organic market with great fresh and some hard to find produce on way to Marigot. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name.

If going to Marigot from Cole Bay it's on the left in a small shopping center at the first round about that takes you into Marigot via waters edge. Last visit we missed seeing it and had to take that round about then come back and found the entrance on the right. I think there's also an electronic or appliance store in the same small shopping center.

We got the reddest tomatoes, some heirloom tomatoes, asian pears and buttery sweet lettuce there.

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 01:47 PM

Found my notebook It's MONOPLEX Market

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 02:13 PM

RonDon--I think it's MONOPRIX. Haven't shopped there myself though.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 02:14 PM

MONOPRIX
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Unless it is locally grown produce, it will likely be the same produce one can find at any of the grocery stores as it all comes in on the same boat or plane. Nothing wrong with supporting a local fruit stand but what one can buy in the grocery might actually be more "fresh" due to refrigeration and turnover of product.

It is somewhat like the Amish produce stands around where I live. Unless the product is in season locally, you will find the shipping boxes piled under the produce wagon and it is the same as what one can buy in the local groceries.

Correct. Probably much fresher at a grocery store.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
There's a local farm somewhere near the Cupecoy area. I don't know details, but perhaps Elaine will see this and respond.

Look for SXM Fisheries on FB. It's on Tigris Rd. in Cupecoy. I want to check this out in February.

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 06:40 PM

Thanks Carol and rural for the correction. Can't read my own handwriting. I found their produce inviting to say the least. Everything we bought was delicious. My second choice would be Super u

Re: Fresh Produce - 12/30/2019 06:46 PM

Rosemary--No problem. Often have the same problem myself! smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline