TravelTalkOnline

Airport check in

Posted By: tomtina1

Airport check in - 01/11/2020 02:56 PM

Do they let you check your bags early at the airport so yo can do lunch etc??
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 02:59 PM

It may depend on the airline but I’m pretty sure the answer is no. I know Jetblue won’t let you check in more than 3 hours before departure in SXM.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by tomtina1
Do they let you check your bags early at the airport so yo can do lunch etc??

At one point, pre-Irma, that could be done with some airlines. Post-Irma, I can't say for sure but not sure I would take that chance. There are food options in the airport once you get through security. Depending on the day you travel would possibly come into play also, no way would I try to do this on a Saturday.

Below is a link to food options. Not sure how up to date they are as I think there is a burger place that is not listed.

SXM AIRPORT FOOD
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 05:30 PM

JD--that link to the airport food is for when there was the tents. There is definitely a burger place now, pretty good, in fact..

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 05:46 PM

Ok, sorry about that. Burger Madness?

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 05:55 PM

I think so. Eric went and got our burger while I held down our seats at the bar. grin
Posted By: pat

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 06:35 PM

I think John got himself a burger there, too, Hungry Husband that he always is. His two comments related to them being what he considered to be expensive but also very good. This was in November and it was upstairs as opposed to on the lower level where the JB gate was. no food down there that we noticed but since they’ve opened the new bar, who knows?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 07:17 PM

The Taloula Flights photo and info are definitely before Irma.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 07:43 PM

So from the replies above Burger Madness (from the boardwalk in Philipsburg) has opened a place in PJIA for those who need a burger fix? Sounds good to me. There's always the burgers at the Sunset Beach Bar near the airport, but you'd have to go there prior to the airport.

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 07:47 PM

It was definitely a burger place and the burger was GREAT, although a bit expensive, although I really don't remember the name of it, and neither does Eric.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 07:51 PM

Could it have been Johney Burger? We got some burgers there and they were pretty darn good! The burgers are named in association with the island, Like the Maho burger etc.

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 07:54 PM

Yes, that's it!!! We had some kind of an island-themed burger, don't remember what it was..
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 08:00 PM

That's a great addition. Domino's along with those little mini subs that they sell in the airport seem to dominate the food choices once you clear security, so having a burger option is a plus. I'll have to check this out in March when we visit.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 08:01 PM

Me and my wife both got a different one and shared, but we can't remember the names either. They were really good!

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 08:06 PM

Yes, Johney Burger, thanks for the correction.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 10:03 PM

Johnny Burgers is also owned by the gal who owns 'Nowhere Special"....Al Wathey's daughter Lillian.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Airport check in - 01/11/2020 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by EdB
Johnny Burgers is also owned by the gal who owns 'Nowhere Special"....Al Wathey's daughter Lillian.

That explains why they are good! She is a busy bee.
Posted By: fritzks

Re: Airport check in - 01/13/2020 06:26 PM

Burger Madness is after your go thru security. If you're flying on like Jet Blue or Seaborne, they don't have an agent there to check you in all the time. We got to the a/p at 9AM with a 11:40 boarding on Seaborne/Delta on Saturday and check in didn't open until 10:30. The LIAT people just went to a different spot and hung up a Seaborne sign on the wall and started checking people in. Then they told us to wait at check in for 20 minutes to go thru security. Quite a cluster. Minimal food places before check in. Once you're security you have about 4 options; Dominos, Burger Madness and two other sandwich shops.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Airport check in - 01/13/2020 06:35 PM

You sure it's Burger Madness and not Johnny Burgers?
Posted By: fritzks

Re: Airport check in - 01/13/2020 07:27 PM

not really, it's a burger place and located right next to Dominos
Posted By: jon

Re: Airport check in - 01/13/2020 08:20 PM

We left a little over a week ago. It's a Johney Burger...
Posted By: Karl John

Re: Airport check in - 01/13/2020 08:48 PM

Last year it was 2 hours before flight time. Not like the old days when the ticket window opened at 9:00 and checked them and went back to the pool and had lunch .
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline