TravelTalkOnline

Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN

Posted By: downhillracer

Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/12/2020 02:42 PM

Which airlines services this flight? It would be thru the airport at Grand Case.

Thanks
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/12/2020 02:44 PM

I'm not sure, but it is a short, easy, ride over on the water from Marigot. Personally, we wouldn't go to the time and trouble of flying there.
Posted By: pat

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/12/2020 03:09 PM

I’m guessing you have your reasons for flying to AXA from Esperance Airport but I’m with Sxm each lover. Not to say it couldn’t happen but We have NEVER had a rough crossing from either location on SXM to AXA or back, not even on the smaller private charters, But we also wouldn’t do the trip if the seas were running rough. And I’m thinking if the seas are rough chances are the smaller planes might also have wind issues but that’s strictly a guess. We’ve made many trips to AXA, both as day-trippers and as stay-over guests and so far we’ve been lucky in that respect. I know airfare is a lot higher than the pubic ferry so that would be another reason for me to take the ferry.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/12/2020 03:32 PM

AAS

ANOTHER OPTION

As others stated, I would take the ferry but you asked about flights.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/12/2020 04:06 PM

There is no scheduled air service from AXA to SFG (Grand Case) that I’m aware of. Anguilla Air Services has scheduled service between AXA and SXM (Juliana). Other than that, as noted, either AAS or SBC would be happy to do a Charter, probably for somewhere north of $1000 one way.

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/12/2020 06:55 PM

I was just looking to save some Googling.

Since we have luggage, and our rental car works out of the Grand Case airport it makes much more sense to fly. The cost after all is said and done is minimal.
Posted By: gracie105

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/12/2020 11:14 PM

Quick question...I have very bad motion sickness, I've been wanting to take the ferry for the past 20 years to Anguilla...does anyone else get sea sick? If so how is the ride?

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/12/2020 11:18 PM

It depends on the weather, but it's a pain in the butt when you have luggage
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 12:03 AM

Regarding seasickness to Anguilla, it's not bad at all. St. Barts is a whole 'nother situation...
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by gracie105
Quick question...I have very bad motion sickness, I've been wanting to take the ferry for the past 20 years to Anguilla...does anyone else get sea sick? If so how is the ride?

I have taken the public ferry many times and have witnessed very little seasickness. The ride overall is not bad but it will depend on the seas. I would suggest some meclizine as a preventative if you are concerned. The private ferries (GB Express comes to mind) are somewhat smoother and quicker and less engine noise and odor but it comes at a higher price.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 12:25 AM

I agree on GB ferry from old Turtle Pier Dock. Qwik trip from airport. Grab a drink dockside. Depart and cross lagoon/ sightseeing properties and island from a different perspective..... pass through sandy ground canal and off to island.... no cabs wait time shuffling luggage. Aren't u on Vacation?? 😍👍👏
Posted By: kim

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by downhillracer
It depends on the weather, but it's a pain in the butt when you have luggage

Super easy If you book the ferry by the airport. They handle the luggage for you. Just took Calypso over. Super easy
Posted By: kim

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by jollymonsrv
I agree on GB ferry from old Turtle Pier Dock. Qwik trip from airport. Grab a drink dockside. Depart and cross lagoon/ sightseeing properties and island from a different perspective..... pass through sandy ground canal and off to island.... no cabs wait time shuffling luggage. Aren't u on Vacation?? 😍👍👏

Hasn’t gone out of there in a few years. Now a new dock and building have been built where the Pink Iguana was. 25 minute crossing.
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 12:31 AM

My wife get seasick in a bathtub and she has never had a problem with the St Martin to Anguilla ferry ride.
Posted By: pat

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 12:35 AM

Gracie and Carol,

We have crossed to AXA on the public ferry many times with never a problem as well as on the smaller GB Express in the past. But that’s not to say it can’t happen. The ferry service will cancel service when the seas are beyond what they consider to be safe for crossing, but truthfully, what they consider safe and what a sensitive tummy might tolerate could well be light years apart but they do ultimately put safety first. My DH occasionally has suffered from the dreaded mal de mer but never on the AXA crossing. We’ve also been lucky with the Edge to Saba and several different smaller cats to St. Barts back in the day.

Downhillracer,

The only time we Went to AXA first with all our luggage we did a private service from PJIA so we wouldn’t have to deal with handling our luggage too much. They took care of everything delivering our luggage to us at the immigration offices on both ends. It still worked out to be considerably less expensive than the rates I got to fly over to Wallblake but that was quite a few years ago. Don’t know the current price comparison status. Our other stay-overs we just did a few days each time from the middle of our SXM trip leaving our luggage in our condo and were able to do just a backpack each.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 01:26 AM

We flew from AXA to PJIA once several years ago. I believe it was Air Caraibes that we used. Pricey, but only about a 7 minute flight.
Posted By: gracie105

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 01:41 AM

Thanks so much
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 12:13 PM

If you do not have good sea legs then be sure to sit in the rear of the boat as it has less up and down movement!
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 01:07 PM

I took a boat ride through the channel once. It was a rough ride mo matter where I sat in the boat. Could have been the captain though.

Wendell
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Flying from Anguilla to St. MARTIN - 01/13/2020 03:42 PM

Excellent tip. sitting aft of the centre better for updown motion
I would add if you are sitting down below on the public ferry
From SXM to AXA sit on the port side with the window cracked open for ventalation - port is left facing forward. The starboard side often has the ports closed due to spray - so no air flow and a little stuffy for anypne with motion issues
From AXA to SXM, the reverse, sit on the starboard side [right facing forward] - same logic

Cheers
J&B
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline