TravelTalkOnline

LeGalion renovation

Posted By: Carol_Hill

LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 02:38 PM

Unfortunately the Daily Herald is still not available online except for pay subscribers, which I am. There is a story in the paper today and the state is FINALLY getting around to starting to do something there. The end of this month, they will clear away brush, etc., and then there will be a couple more phases, which apparently were bid separately, for some reason. While the timeline didn't seem clear in the article, it sounded like it could well be next high season before the area is usable again.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Unfortunately the Daily Herald is still not available online except for pay subscribers, which I am. There is a story in the paper today and the state is FINALLY getting around to starting to do something there. The end of this month, they will clear away brush, etc., and then there will be a couple more phases, which apparently were bid separately, for some reason. While the timeline didn't seem clear in the article, it sounded like it could well be next high season before the area is usable again.

I just posted a link to their FB page with the article.

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 02:39 PM

DAILY HERALD FACEBOOK PAGE

Scroll though a few stories to see the article.

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 02:43 PM

Huh. I wonder if that means that they are not going to have a regular internet page anymore. Not everyone has Facebook and things are difficult to find there.

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 02:54 PM

No idea. I saw it and thought I would post it.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 04:13 PM

Thanks Carol, for this update. For those not familiar with LaGalion, it is/was a lovely little beach on the French side that my wife I would walk to after visiting the long gone Butterfly Farm. LaGalion was perfect for children with mostly calm seas and gentle wave action that was much safer in our opinion than other nearby beaches. There was a nice snack bar there with some of the nicest people you would ever meet working there that we got to know. We discuss Orient Beach a lot on this forum (and rightfully so), but I do hope that LaGalion comes back better than ever.

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 04:21 PM

I wonder, based on that story, whether they will even have a restaurant there anymore. It kind of doesn't look like it.
Posted By: pat

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 04:32 PM

Too bad - Chez Pat was a great little restaurant on a well run beach. No way the government will do it as well - it’s the government, after all.

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 04:44 PM

Now that I think about it, I think the story from way back said that they would have a concession stand there on the beach, but that story doesn't really say. And, for sure, Pat, when the gov'ment gets involved, things are always screwed up.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: LeGalion renovation - 01/15/2020 07:10 PM

Great news! Le Galion has always been our favorite. Calm beautiful water and great lunches at Chez Pat with feet in the sand sipping ice cold Rose. Hope it's near the same.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline