TravelTalkOnline

Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/18/2020 09:15 AM

Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000%

We ate here in Grand Case on second night after arrival.

Visit after Visit, this restaurant bats a 1000% for us.

The welcome by the Meziere brothers was warm as always.

We have never poured a drop of wine or sparkling water ourselves.

We both had the Caesar which was excellent and the lobster bisque and onion soup and both were excellent.

We shared the lobster (grilled butter) and the beef tenderloin which were perfect.

Finished it off sharing hot chocolate cake.

Bistrot Caraibes has a perfect batting average with us for:
1. Warm Welcome
2. Perfect Service
3. Perfect food
4. Perfect Atmosphere

Posted By: bran

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/18/2020 12:42 PM

Pelican, try Be Kool for lunch in Marigot if you get the chance.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/18/2020 02:33 PM

We couldn't agree more. Everything about Bistrot Caraibes is off the charts!!! Can't wait to dine there again!!! Our favorite restaurant in the world!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/18/2020 07:57 PM

Love Bistrot and Be Cool.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/18/2020 10:22 PM

Next trip, we’ll head there. We have no issues with the fish market area and the Super U but to be honest folks have scared us from the beginning (10 years) of eating there day or night. They all say is is/was great but watch out for the parking guy or this/that. We’d love to support Marigot. But need encouragement to do so. A good example is Bistro Nu which we see driving all the time. Where to park? Is it safe? Good tips would get us over the fears.
Posted By: bran

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/18/2020 10:59 PM

The parking guy who demanded money around the Marina at night by the parking lot has died. Was informed by the owner of Tropicana. Bistro Nu, had no problem in parking right opposite but that was for lunch. Went once wouldn’t go again. I wouldn’t let having a great meal worry you too much because of past problems. Get there whilst it’s still light, park nearby and if concerned ask someone from the restaurants to go back to your car with you.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/19/2020 01:15 AM

We've eaten dinner at Bistro Nu many a time, last was June 2019. We park in the stadium lot across the street, and usually with a street front spot, and is a very short walk on the main drag. There is adequate lighting so it's harder for someone to lurk in the shadows, and there may be others walking the street as well. I'm still observant when we walk that at night, but I have no great concerns about it.
Posted By: ARC

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/19/2020 03:21 AM

In my opinion Bistro Caraibes has the best Lobster Thermador on the island. Great atmosphere and service also.
Posted By: bonz1946

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/30/2020 07:59 PM

We agree with everyone regarding Bistro Caraibes! This place is top notch and we simply love feasting on their lobster thermador. This has been number one in Grand Case for many years and with good reason!!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/31/2020 09:11 AM

We have got to get back there! The brothers do an excellent job, start to finish!! I'm so happy for them!!
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 01/31/2020 04:57 PM

We couldn't agree more, bonz. However, on our trip last month we couldn't get there due to the road blockage between Orient & GC.
Posted By: Lucas Jackson

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 02/01/2020 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000%

We ate here in Grand Case on second night after arrival.

Did you make a reservation beforehand? Trying to email them at the address listed on their website but have had no reply. Looking to dine there on our 3rd night on the island and wondering if I should try the int'l call or if I can pop in for a reservation once we're on island, in case they don't get back to me via email. Thanks.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - Bats a 1000% again - 02/01/2020 12:49 PM

Last March I made a reservation through their Facebook page. Got a response quickly.

Does anyone know if the pay parking lot is open? The one a block or so from Bistrot? Charges?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline