TravelTalkOnline

SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN?

Posted By: jmbcomms

SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/18/2020 10:14 PM

I'm hearing reports from people scheduled to visits SECRETS in March that its opening has been further delayed, beyond March. Trying to confirm. Has anyone received any notifications about this new, additional delay beyond March? Can you publish the text of the notice? The impression I have is that it WILL NOT BE OPENING IN MARCH....

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/18/2020 10:15 PM

This is NEW TODAY. We already had the deferral from February to March... this is yet another deferral.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/19/2020 06:04 AM

Island time.

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/19/2020 10:43 AM

Long story short, NOT delayed according to the resort, but Canadian travel agents are canceling March reservations anyway (and possibly Apr)..
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/19/2020 01:01 PM

What is Secrets? Hotel? Never heard of it. Thanks
Posted By: pat

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/19/2020 01:33 PM

Secrets is what was RIU, which was a Radisson which was originally Le Meridian Resort on Anse Marcel Beach. And possibly other iterations I’m unaware of.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/19/2020 06:06 PM

Okay thanks! Yes great property. Not crazy about the new name.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/19/2020 06:37 PM

Secrets has many resort locations. This is just one of their all inclusive resort locations.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/19/2020 07:23 PM

Secrets Is a top scale all-inclusive hotel. Many In the Caribbean are beautiful.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SECRETS Opening Delayed AGAIN? - 01/21/2020 06:32 PM

Interesting video posted on You Tube, as of January 19 this year.

Edit--If Google translate is correct, the video was shot on January 19. If so, it seems like there is no freaking way that the resort will be open by March 1. Not sure who the person was who shot it, but he seemed to be interested in where the workers were from and the answer seemed to be Nicaragua.

You Tube video of Secrets
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline