TravelTalkOnline

Sewer work in Grand Case

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/20/2020 02:26 PM

Daily Herald story

With it's usual impeccable timing, the Collectivite' has decided to have roads all torn up in the Grand Case area during high season, and while Harmony Nights or whatever the heck they call it now, is going on. duh
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/20/2020 08:42 PM

noooooooooo! Had trouble convincing hubby to drive to GC on our March visit. If he finds out about this he won't drive there. Can't get him to drive the middle road at night as it is so I'm planning lunches in Orient area instead of dinners. Thought we'd at least make it to Harmony Night.

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/20/2020 08:46 PM

Just re read the article and it says last phase April on. That will bother you, Carol. Sorry.

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/20/2020 10:06 PM

RonDon--honestly, I'm not sure we will go to Grand Case in June. Probably just Orient Village, as I am so impressed with OV these days, versus Grand Case. So many great places to eat, the parking is easy, and no dark places in disrepair..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/20/2020 10:35 PM

I question why this wasn't done when it was all torn up after Irma.

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/20/2020 11:46 PM

Good question..
Posted By: Bip

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/21/2020 01:29 AM

Staying in Grand Case in July. May need to rethink our plans.
Posted By: baycruisers

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/21/2020 02:11 AM

We have reservations at Bleu Emeraude in late June. Not too worried about construction. Can't be any worse than two years ago when we visited after Irma.
Posted By: pat

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/21/2020 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I question why this wasn't done when it was all torn up after Irma.

Because it’s a government run job?
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/21/2020 02:28 AM

I’m no expert but about where the map shows the work being done on main drag I could swear we got a wiff of eau de sewer several times we passed by. You get that places on the island and this was one of them.
Posted By: bran

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/21/2020 03:40 AM

I was told that they had already put the sewer line in last Oct/Nov so surprised this is still going on?
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/22/2020 02:33 PM

Yeah, we will go to GC and dine at Bistrot Caraibes, and sometimes have lunch at Talk of The Town, but will mostly stay in Orient Village.

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/23/2020 11:36 AM

Grand Case was our "go to" for us but all the posts about places in Orient, Le Telegraphie, Wai Plague, La Playa have made us excited about shifting over this March.

Re: Sewer work in Grand Case - 01/23/2020 01:21 PM

RonDon--To me, that's a wise choice.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline