TravelTalkOnline

Beacon Hill Road

Posted By: Mrs. Whale Tail

Beacon Hill Road - 01/21/2020 11:28 PM

Can someone please tell me if we can we walk from Sunset Bar to the end of White Sands Road and get beach access so we can walk to Karakters? Is it safe to walk to the point at the end of Beacon Hill road, during the day, of course? I am also intersted in checking out Beach Side Villas, for a future trip. Am I able to get access to BSV? Thank you in advance for any reply.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/21/2020 11:42 PM

I usually just walk up (or down) the stairs at the end of the beach...kinda next to El Zafiro but not really wink

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/21/2020 11:51 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/22/2020 12:24 AM

If you are JUST wanting to walk to Karakter from Sunset, you can walk to El Zafiro and cut through there, and then walk straight down the beach to Karakter. Although frankly, from Sunset all the way to Karakter, if I'm going to guess, is probably close to a mile. I'm lazy, so wouldn't want to do it.

Regarding access to BSV, if you head through El Z, you can see BSV from the beach, but that really doesn't allow you to see inside the units, unless you ask someone staying there to view their unit. BSV has a gate, and there is not a guard during the day to open the gate. You could stand there for quite a while and perhaps someone would let you in. A better choice would be to send them an email and set up a specific time to have someone show you a unit.

If it were ME, I would DRIVE there to BSV, after having made an appointment to view the units, leave your car there and walk down to Karakter, if that's what you want to do.

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/22/2020 12:40 AM

Thanks, Carol for the information. We will definiately look at setting up an appointment to see BSV. Is itt safe to walk, during the day, out to the end of Beacon Hill Road? We don't mind walking.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/22/2020 01:32 AM

Safe to walk during the day .
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/22/2020 01:55 AM

As Lesley said perfectly safe to walk during the day..

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/22/2020 02:04 AM

Thanks for your comments. Cannot wait for our vacation. Cheers!
Posted By: ronnieernie

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/22/2020 02:13 AM

My wife and I (I'm 68 years old) walk everywhere during the day. Have walked several times from Sunset to Karacter (about 1 mi.), and also from BSV to Simpson Bridge (About 1.5 mi), and BSV to Mullet. Have also walked to the end of Beacon Hill Rd. All safe during the day. Easiest way to Karacter is to cut thru El Zafiro. Couldn't give you a good estimate on how long it takes as we generally stop and take in the scenery along the way and generally just lollygag along the way.

Re: Beacon Hill Road - 01/22/2020 03:37 PM

Thank you. We will be doing the same.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline