TravelTalkOnline

Rancho Del Sol- Great View

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/24/2020 11:28 AM

We stopped here twice after leaving Orient for the day. 5-6ish before the sun goes down.

Great View. Gentle breeze.

We had beers and snacks, appetizer sampler(calamari rings, wings,etc) once and Mexican Pizza twice.

Quick, friendly service with a great view.

Easy in/out off the road.

Some familiar, friendly faces on the staff from other places in the past.

Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/24/2020 05:19 PM

We had probably driven past this place hundreds of times, but because of the road blockages this year (we were in Orient Village) we decided to give it a try and were glad we did. I know the past reviews were mixed so we didn't know what to expect. We actually went twice - for dinner & lunch - and both times were very good. Friendly service and of course the view.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/24/2020 05:23 PM

We used to go there but our waitress was, well, "stuck up", so we haven't been back. We should probably give it another try, but with so many other good places we haven't.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/24/2020 05:46 PM

To bad an employee can cause patrons fron staying away. Happens at many establishments and sometimes owners don't know.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/24/2020 06:53 PM

Beachlover - we encountered nothing such as this. Both times we were quite pleased with the service. I understand about all the other good places, especially in Orient Village.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/25/2020 01:50 AM

Not sure how long ago but I know some very familiar faces from places on Orient Beach now work/help manage Rancho. We were so glad to see them and they in fact recognized us first and we aren’t very interesting.
Posted By: baycruisers

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/25/2020 02:23 PM

We've eaten dinner here a couple times. One of the best views on the island, especially the French side. No issues with staff--service was cordial and efficient and the food was good.
Posted By: biglar

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/25/2020 07:49 PM

We really enjoy Rancho. Eat at the place a few times each visit. When we don't want to eat out, we call and order pizzas and pick them up about 15 minutes later. They will deliver to Orient Village if you want. The manager aways stops to talk when we are there. Last year I was watching "Game Changer" on my phone when he arrived at our table. The app gives me a live play-by-play of my grandson's baseball games while I'm on vacation so I don't miss any of his games. The manager wanted to know more about the sport as we watched a few minutes of the game. We enjoy al the personnel at the restaurant. The food is great, but the view is even better.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/28/2020 09:31 PM

We had lunch there this week. Only one glass of wine each! The gendarmes were eating behind us!😂
If you eat there look down over the railing & you may see the peacock & a white peacock & no it wasn't an egret. Pretty cool.will post pic of them soon.
The gendarmes are humans too. They were taking photos over the hill.
We see police out & about.
Point of interest this year from last year about 75% less motorcycle type vehicles. Much easier navigating the roads.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/28/2020 10:44 PM

Jeepers--I hope that is correct, that there are a lot fewer motorcycles, as they are a menace on the roads..
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Rancho Del Sol- Great View - 01/28/2020 11:22 PM

That would be a very positive thing.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline