TravelTalkOnline

Meeting a Cruise Ship Friend?

Posted By: DragonFly55

Meeting a Cruise Ship Friend? - 01/27/2020 05:23 PM

Hello All,
First Post and using a phone so bear with any errors!

I am staying at the Sapphire Beach until February 3rd. A friend is coming into SXM on Thursday on the Celebrity Edge. Is it worth while to try to meet somewhere for lunch.

I don’t have a car and would probably have to take a cab. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Debbie
Posted By: pat

Re: Meeting a Cruise Ship Friend? - 01/27/2020 05:31 PM

How good a friend? 😊😊

If a very good one, I might suggest you meet them in P’Berg since you could easily catch one of the local buses both ways.

My best suggestions would be to let them do a little shopping if that’s on their agenda and them meet them at either French Touch sidewalk cafe on Old Street or perhaps the P’Berg Greenhouse. There are a huge number of great lunch options along Front Street but these are two we enjoy and places where you could easily catch a bus or a cab. Also the Holland House is really very nice along with so many others.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Meeting a Cruise Ship Friend? - 01/27/2020 05:54 PM

Dragonfly--have you been to SXM before? I wondered why you were not renting a car. Cupecoy is a nice area, but if you just stay in that area, you surely will miss a GREAT deal of what SXM is about.

If for no other reason than to see P'burg for yourself, yes, I would make arrangements to meet for lunch. The Greenhouse is very easy to get to from the ships and is a good meeting place for a reasonably priced, comfortable lunch, not upscale, but a good place for a sandwich, etc. When you're done, should be no problem getting a cab back 'home' to the Sapphire. OR, if you get really brave, you might find you wind up renting a car! smile

Re: Meeting a Cruise Ship Friend? - 01/27/2020 06:11 PM

I am with a large family group (12-17 people at various times) for two weeks and we have two cars.

I can get a ride down to the area but won’t have a car to pick my friends up and drive them somewhere.

I have been to Phillipsburg before but not in 10 years!

Thank you both for the tips. I will arrange to meet them at the Greenhouse and then we can decide from there.

Best Regards,
Debbie
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Meeting a Cruise Ship Friend? - 01/27/2020 06:22 PM

Ok, sounds good! Enjoy!

And sorry, should have said this before, but welcome!

Re: Meeting a Cruise Ship Friend? - 01/27/2020 07:00 PM

Thank you! I will have more questions as the week goes on I am sure!
Posted By: kim

Re: Meeting a Cruise Ship Friend? - 01/27/2020 07:43 PM

You could easily grab a bus from Sapphire to take you into town. From there tell your friend to meet you at The Greenhouse. Very easy to find from a ship. Then take it from there wherever you want to go. And buses are easy to find in town as well. I think best is by the courthouse. Or a taxi.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline