TravelTalkOnline

Plans for cruise pier and terminal in Marigot

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Plans for cruise pier and terminal in Marigot - 02/05/2020 02:30 PM

Link

Any new development in Marigot is good news in my opinion.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Plans for cruise pier and terminal in Marigot - 02/05/2020 04:27 PM

Would be nice for Marigot but they'll need to address the extra traffic congestion in that area this will create.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Plans for cruise pier and terminal in Marigot - 02/05/2020 05:41 PM

I agree. Hopefully, this will revitalize Marigot.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Plans for cruise pier and terminal in Marigot - 02/05/2020 08:03 PM

I read something like this in the French newspaper awhile ago; however, it was indicating the location under consideration was the area beyond the yacht club Galisbay? Road leading out toward Grand Case.

One trip we shared a cab from the airport with a couple who was catching a cruise ship (forgot the name) and we drove down a road past the yacht Club and had to show our passports while the cab driver explained only 2 of the 4 people in his cab were going through TSA check point for boarding and we were going to Grand Case Beach club. I was surprised to see that area because I hadn't known it existed.

Re: Plans for cruise pier and terminal in Marigot - 02/05/2020 08:18 PM

You had never been the Galisbay road? We go down that road all the time for a short cut around traffic through Marigot. It would make sense if they were talking about that area though, as there's not a heck of a lot there.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Plans for cruise pier and terminal in Marigot - 02/06/2020 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
You had never been the Galisbay road? We go down that road all the time for a short cut around traffic through Marigot. It would make sense if they were talking about that area though, as there's not a heck of a lot there.

I HAD been down Gallisbay road as a short cut. It was the road off it to a pier that I had never been on. And to see TSA, security etc was a surprise. Had we not been with a cab driver and the other couple catching a cruise but alone in our rental car we would have been stopped at the first gate and not seen the rest and the beautiful view from the end of that road.

Re: Plans for cruise pier and terminal in Marigot - 02/06/2020 07:04 PM

Oh, I misunderstood where you meant.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline