TravelTalkOnline

Orient Bay

Posted By: JohnB

Orient Bay - 03/09/2020 08:57 PM

Home tomorrow just finishing up a 2 week stay. Water is back on, power is on, and I have internet so life is good.
out of all the inconveniences the internet was the biggest to me. This was a canal+ problem that i heard about before leaving and its still has sporadic outages. All of our evening entertainment was internet based so back to playing cards like years ago. The no water wasn't a big problem after they announced the schedule so we could plan. Lucky for us we had a swimming pool right out the door to fill the bucket up. It was fun meeting your neighbors as we dipped our buckets. Much like in the old days meeting at the town well.
All the restaurants in the village square were up and running. CoCo beach bar at the end by the big rock just opened the other day and it looks great like they spent a bit more money decorating this one.
Restaurants we liked all were great the 2x are our favorites this trip

Le P'tit Bistro 2x
Le Piment 2x
KKO 2x for lunch
Kontiki lunch
Sao for tapis
Ranch del sol
Good Morning many times for breakfast or pastries
Le Douze 2 x for breakfast and barbecue dinner

Our night at LeDouze was such a great surprise the accordion player was very good and we had a great crowd singing along French songs corny but fun

May do Le Douze again tomorrow for our last breakfast

This was our 21 year of visiting St Martin and we are booked for next year
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orient Bay - 03/10/2020 12:08 AM

John==thanks for the report. Didn't realize there were also internet problems in Orient Village. Glad you had a good trip overall.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Orient Bay - 03/10/2020 04:57 AM

Thanks for the report, John. We loved Le Douze, also. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, sandwiches for the beach, desserts and/or drinks. Always a friendly greeting.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Orient Bay - 03/10/2020 10:38 AM

Thanks for the report. Sorry we did not meet up this year.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline